Open work permit

Old Nov 29th 2020, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Fwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Open work permit

My husbands temporary work permit has come back and we have emailed IRCC for written travel authorisation for myself and the children which we are waiting to hear back.
In the meantime can I apply for an open work permit off the back of his work permit even though he hasn't landed and activated it at the border or am I best to wait and apply once in Canada?
Thanks
Old Nov 29th 2020, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Open work permit

Originally Posted by Fwilkin
My husbands temporary work permit has come back and we have emailed IRCC for written travel authorisation for myself and the children which we are waiting to hear back.
In the meantime can I apply for an open work permit off the back of his work permit even though he hasn't landed and activated it at the border or am I best to wait and apply once in Canada?
Thanks
IMHO if you get permission to all travel wait until you arrive in Canada and then apply when husband has his work permit issued at the POE. Make sure you have ability pay be it cash, VISA/MC major debit card.
Old Nov 30th 2020, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Fwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond reputeFwilkin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks just got to hope we get the authorisation, we emailed last Monday and haven’t heard anything back yet 😐
Old Dec 14th 2020, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

We got the authorisation to travel 😄 we have booked our flights for February 1st, now to get everything sorted!!!!
thank you to everyone for your help!
Old Dec 15th 2020, 5:16 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

We got the authorisation to travel 😄 we have booked our flights for February 1st, now to get everything sorted!!!!
thank you to everyone for your help!
Congrats!!!
If you are planning on staying for the longer term, or will apply for PR and hope to send your belongings across to Canada, do remember to prepare your 'goods to follow' lists to have stamped at the airport when you arrive here.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...c-drc-eng.html
Old Dec 15th 2020, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Thank you I will do this. We sent our postal pr application at the end of October and have received no correspondence, I posted it Royal Mail signed for and it doesn’t show it being signed for yet. I’m worried it’s lost 😬
Old Dec 15th 2020, 5:51 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you I will do this. We sent our postal pr application at the end of October and have received no correspondence, I posted it Royal Mail signed for and it doesn’t show it being signed for yet. I’m worried it’s lost 😬
We recommend that any paper applications are sent by courier as Canada Post isn't the greatest or fastest.. hopefully you kept a copy of everything you sent.. just in case it goes astray (but it's probably already there)!
Fingers crossed.. you can check eCAS using the lead name and date of birth, plus the country of birth i.e. England / Wales / Ireland / Scotland etc., not the generic UK - plus the receipt number or your UCI in case it's been opened already https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en -
You may be able to link your application to MyCIC at some point too - see the link below for help with this (it's for a spousal application but the steps are the same except for the sub category, where you will select Provincial Nominee or Skilled Worker)
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...ccess_MyCIC.3F
Old Dec 15th 2020, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Yep kept a copy of everything 😫 I knew it I was in 2 minds how to send it so in the end I sent it to the courier address but post office recorded signed for.
ive tried to link the application with no luck, I think if we haven’t heard by January I will resend it, or would we be better to re send when we land in Canada in February?
Old Dec 15th 2020, 11:28 pm
Banned

Yep kept a copy of everything 😫 I knew it I was in 2 minds how to send it so in the end I sent it to the courier address but post office recorded signed for.
ive tried to link the application with no luck, I think if we haven’t heard by January I will resend it, or would we be better to re send when we land in Canada in February?
Perhaps try eCAS again - that is different to MyCIC linking and is updated daily. Try the lead applicant name, date of birth, country of birth and UCI or receipt number (then try again with the other one). Linking to MyCic is known to be difficult, it's a case of keeping trying daily. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...er-online.html
You are on a time constraint of 90 days 6 months from date of receipt of the invitation (approval for OINP) so if you haven't had an acknowledgement or any other communication (do keep checking spam folders in email, and your mailbox) and it's getting towards the time you are due to leave or the time limit I would send a case specific enquiry or use the webform to inform them that you are relocating to Canada (and change of address, if you have it) and scan in the proof of sending, to show you were in compliance.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...-cas-eng.aspx?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ck-status.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 16th 2020 at 3:26 pm. Reason: Corrected information - huge apologies - and thanks to Christmasoompa :)
Old Dec 16th 2020, 6:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You are on a time constraint of 90 days from date of receipt of the invitation (approval for OINP)
It’s 6 months from nomination for paper based PNP apps.
Old Dec 16th 2020, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Thank you. It says we have till April to apply so 6 months from approval. I’ll keep trying and if no luck send in an email using the web form.
I just presumed with covid and now Christmas there may be delays.
tia
Old Dec 16th 2020, 3:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It’s 6 months from nomination for paper based PNP apps.
Oooops, thanks Christmasoompa! This is why it's so important for immigration related questions / answers to stay on the forum threads - so incorrect information can be corrected! Phew!

Thank you. It says we have till April to apply so 6 months from approval. I’ll keep trying and if no luck send in an email using the web form.
I just presumed with covid and now Christmas there may be delays.
tia
Woops, apologies! I misread it So happy to know I was wrong
Old Jan 10th 2021, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Still no sign of our PR application turning up 😓 I emailed ircc using the web form and haven’t heard back. We travel out on the 1st February so do I presume it lost and send it again via a courier from the uk before we go or wait till we get to Canada and send it again? We have until end March to get the application in from the point of acceptance of our oinp.
thank you 😊
Old Jan 10th 2021, 11:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Still no sign of our PR application turning up 😓 I emailed ircc using the web form and haven’t heard back. We travel out on the 1st February so do I presume it lost and send it again via a courier from the uk before we go or wait till we get to Canada and send it again? We have until end March to get the application in from the point of acceptance of our oinp.
thank you 😊
Where are you checking to see if it's been delivered?

It should definitely have arrived by now if you sent it in October.
Old Jan 10th 2021, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Royal Mail track and trace, Canada post doesn’t show anything as we don’t have a tracking number for that end. We have been trying to add it to our online profile too with no avail.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.