open spousal work permit

Old Jun 24th 2008, 3:11 am

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default open spousal work permit

i hope no one has covered this previously .....i apologise if they have ...i just couldnt find the information!
we are currently living in alberta and my husband has a work permit.....he qualifies under one of the skill levels for me to get my open spousal work permit .....but i dont know where to start...i cant find any links for an application form etc!

can anybody help me with this ?

thanks a x
Old Jun 24th 2008, 3:37 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: open spousal work permit

You need to complete an Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay, or Remain in Canada.

Read the Guide, complete the application form, and attach the supporting documents they ask for.

Instructions for paying the fees are on page 18 of the Guide.

Note that this application has to be submitted to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

Instead of attaching the documents they ask for -- like HRSDC confirmation (which basically means a Labour Market Opinion) and a job offer letter -- you need to attach a photocopy of your spouse's temporary work permit. It wouldn't hurt to attach other evidence of your spouse's employment in Canada, e.g., photocopies of a few pay stubs.

Reports on this forum suggest that it takes 6 - 8 weeks to obtain a spousal open work permit if you apply for it from inside Canada. (You do not have that extra wait if you apply for it as the same time as your spouse applies for a temporary work permit.)

I will add the relevant link to the Wiki article on Spousal Open Work Permits.

Hope that helps.
x
Old Jun 24th 2008, 3:40 am

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: open spousal work permit

thanks judy ...yes that did help ..im off to print the form right now !

cheers a xx