Ontario PNP, Letter of Interest!

Old Jan 15th 2019, 9:29 am
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ontario PNP, Letter of Interest!

I've finally had some good news on my EE profile but its a long way from where I wanted to be but a good start.

Got a letter from the Ontario Government (Letter of Interest). I've read through the immigration guidelines and I should qualify under the 'Human Capital Priorities Stream'.

They are willing to give me 600 extra CRS points on my score of 439 which should be more than enough to get through EE. The application deadline is 45 calendar days from issue.

I really did want to go to Vancouver but realise/realize that this is opportunity not to be missed.

If I decide to move to BC in the future how long do I have stay in Ontario in the present?
Old Jan 15th 2019, 10:16 am
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ontario PNP, Letter of Interest!

Originally Posted by G0ldie
If I decide to move to BC in the future how long do I have stay in Ontario in the present?
Under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms there is no minimum period, but if you did not show you had made reasonable attempts to settle in Ontario you could be done for misrepresentation and your PR revoked.

I've personally never heard of an instance of this happening but if I were you I wouldn't chance it. If Ontario's PNP is your only likely route in, I would give it a go and see how you like the province. If after a couple of years your heart is still in Vancouver, you could legitimately move on.

Edited to say...congrats!
Old Jan 15th 2019, 10:26 am
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crofty82
Under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms there is no minimum period, but if you did not show you had made reasonable attempts to settle in Ontario you could be done for misrepresentation and your PR revoked.

I've personally never heard of an instance of this happening but if I were you I wouldn't chance it. If Ontario's PNP is your only likely route in, I would give it a go and see how you like the province. If after a couple of years your heart is still in Vancouver, you could legitimately move on.

Edited to say...congrats!
Thanks for the support!

I'm looking into it as we speak as I don't want to be moving around across such long distances. My main issue is the daughter's education. Moving is a big step and would want to minimise disruption to her education. If I decide to go to Ontario then I will stay for the forseeable future.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 11:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, as said above, you need to show you've made an effort to settle there and have a reason for moving on. So say, for example, you moved to ON and couldn't find a job after a year of being there, then that would be fine if you decided to move. But you couldn't just go there and move after 3 months without risking your PR status.

If BC is where you want to be, then personally I wouldn't accept the nomination.
Old Jan 15th 2019, 4:43 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G0ldie
I've finally had some good news on my EE profile but its a long way from where I wanted to be but a good start.

Got a letter from the Ontario Government (Letter of Interest). I've read through the immigration guidelines and I should qualify under the 'Human Capital Priorities Stream'.

They are willing to give me 600 extra CRS points on my score of 439 which should be more than enough to get through EE. The application deadline is 45 calendar days from issue.

I really did want to go to Vancouver but realise/realize that this is opportunity not to be missed.

Firstly congratulations on the offer

WHY Vancouver though? Do you have family there or similar? Generally we would suggest you go to where the work is, rather than fixating on a specific area that you desire to move to.. but opportunities like this don't always happen.

If it's just because you like Vancouver then personally - in your position I'd have a rethink.. - Reality Check - which is more important to you, being in Canada or being in Vancouver?

If it's Vancouver then forget the invite.. but if it's Canada then go with it - it might be the only invite you get unless you can get your points up to where an invitation is a foregone conclusion. You might even like Ontario, lol.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 15th 2019 at 4:51 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 9:18 am
Knight of Constantinople

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Firstly congratulations on the offer

WHY Vancouver though? Do you have family there or similar? Generally we would suggest you go to where the work is, rather than fixating on a specific area that you desire to move to.. but opportunities like this don't always happen.

If it's just because you like Vancouver then personally - in your position I'd have a rethink.. - Reality Check - which is more important to you, being in Canada or being in Vancouver?

If it's Vancouver then forget the invite.. but if it's Canada then go with it - it might be the only invite you get unless you can get your points up to where an invitation is a foregone conclusion. You might even like Ontario, lol.
Hi Siouxie and Christmasoompa,

Yes, I have family in both Vancouver (brother in law) and Toronto (2x uncles).

I think the letter has come out of the blue so has me a little mixed up at the moment. I know they do not give them out 'willy-nilly' so I will decide over the next week or two.

Realistically, I think this is the best chance I have got. To get 600 points just on the nomination has still got me bewildered! Nevertheless, it's still sinking in and I have 45 days in which to apply or reject. The guidelines from the OINP I've downloaded and will read through over the coming week.

I'm 90% for applying for it. Just trying to convince the 10% that's left!

I really appreciate everyone's input. Thanks.