Ontario PNP

Old Jul 7th 2021, 8:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ontario PNP

Originally Posted by Nevadastevens
We could potentially; but nothing that involves what we’ve previously done. I possibly could get a works transfer, but doesn’t the job offer have to be LMIA? That’s the bit we’re struggling with
You don't need a LMIA for an intra-company transfer work permit. You also don't need a LMIA for PNP, although it's just as onerous on the company really for Ontario.

If you have the option of a transfer that sounds ideal, what's the job though? Here's info on qualifying for the intra-company transfer TWP - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Intra...ransfer-Canada

If you don't meet the criteria for that, then yes it will either need to be a LMIA/TWP, or PNP, both of which will need an employer prepared to pay and go through quite a bit of paperwork to hire you.

Does it have to be Ontario or would you look at other provinces?
Old Jul 7th 2021, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Nevadastevens is an unknown quantity at this point

I work for Claire’s; which I’ve worked for both in UK and Canada, I’ll have a look at the link thanks; also do you know if PNP will allow you if you get a job offer without having experience in the job before?

and no we are open to look; we only are going Ontario due to that’s where we spent the 2 years we have friends there and I also have aunts uncles and cousins there
Old Jul 7th 2021, 8:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I work for Claire’s; which I’ve worked for both in UK and Canada, I’ll have a look at the link thanks; also do you know if PNP will allow you if you get a job offer without having experience in the job before?

and no we are open to look; we only are going Ontario due to that’s where we spent the 2 years we have friends there and I also have aunts uncles and cousins there
OK, not sure the job will qualify for an intra-company transfer unfortunately. For PNP you'd need work experience in that job offer, both to meet the program criteria (2 years of full-time work experience in the NOC you're applying under) but also because realistically no employer is going to pay a couple of thousand dollars, and go through a lot of paperwork and hassle, for somebody that doesn't have the experience required.

What are both of your NOC codes?
Old Jul 7th 2021, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Nevadastevens is an unknown quantity at this point

We are both sales supervisors which I have been for a total of 5 years; but when I came back from Canada pregnant no one would hire me so I’ve had a 2&1/2 year gap in work; other than that I have lots of experience and again I worked for Claire’s in Canada for a year; but none of my experience has been in last 3 years; I’ve only been back in work for a month; my partner has been sales supervisor for nearly 2 years but his company isn’t in Canada but he could apply for a retail sales supervisor job I believe sales supervisor is a NOC 0 - it’s noc 6211
Old Jul 7th 2021, 1:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

We are both sales supervisors which I have been for a total of 5 years; but when I came back from Canada pregnant no one would hire me so I’ve had a 2&1/2 year gap in work; other than that I have lots of experience and again I worked for Claire’s in Canada for a year; but none of my experience has been in last 3 years; I’ve only been back in work for a month; my partner has been sales supervisor for nearly 2 years but his company isn’t in Canada but he could apply for a retail sales supervisor job I believe sales supervisor is a NOC 0 - it’s noc 6211
OK, so looks as though it'll have to be your partner that gets the visa. IMO, there's little chance in Ontario if you want to go via the PNP, but less popular provinces might be an option.

Have a look at the SK PNP, as last time I checked, NOC 6211 (Skill Level B btw) was an in demand NOC there. It was also a NOC that got people invited under the NB PNP as well, although they no longer publish their in demand list of occupations, but that could be worth a go. Any friends or family in Manitoba by any chance? Do check the websites for every PNP very carefully in case there is a stream that he qualifies for.

If you decide Ontario is the only option, then you may need to consider a 'normal' work permit (LMIA) rather than PNP which could be tricker. But at least then you'd be eligible for CEC again after a year back working in Canada.

I'd recommend your partner applies under EE, so at least he's in the pool and stands a chance of being selected by a province. And then job hunt like crazy (when allowed back in to Canada of course!).

Best of luck.