Ontario PNP

Old Feb 20th 2012, 7:00 am
Just Joined

univega1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ontario PNP

Hi,

I have been in Canada since Sept 2010 on one Bunac and one IEC visa. I have just been issued an additional IEC visa which I will use when my current visa runs out (Sept 2012).

In October 2012 I will have worked in Canada for over 2 years. I will be able to apply for either the Ontario PNP (company/job profile fits the criteria and is willing to apply) or the experience Canada program. I have a couple of questions regarding these routes:

- I know there are a limited number of spaces on the PNP route. What is the likelihood that I can apply in October 2012 or will I have to wait and apply in January 2013
- Out of the two routes which visa is the best route to achieve PR?

Thanks in Advance
Old Feb 20th 2012, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ontario PNP

Originally Posted by univega1
Hi,

I have been in Canada since Sept 2010 on one Bunac and one IEC visa. I have just been issued an additional IEC visa which I will use when my current visa runs out (Sept 2012).

In October 2012 I will have worked in Canada for over 2 years. I will be able to apply for either the Ontario PNP (company/job profile fits the criteria and is willing to apply) or the experience Canada program. I have a couple of questions regarding these routes:

- I know there are a limited number of spaces on the PNP route. What is the likelihood that I can apply in October 2012 or will I have to wait and apply in January 2013
- Out of the two routes which visa is the best route to achieve PR?

Thanks in Advance
Why can't you apply for PNP now? If I recall correctly (and it was like this in my case), you don't have to have previous work experience in Canada.

Ontario PNP is employer driven - meaning it's them that apply in the first stage (it took my company 8 months to get nominated, but I think that long is a bit unusual). Once the company is approved, you apply for nomination on the back of their approval, sending in your $1500/$2000 depending on where in ON you are. I heard back within a month or two and got my nomination certificate and authorisation letter for my 2 year TWP.

I'd go with PNP. You have the extra security of having an LMO free TWP for the length it takes to finalise your PR application (Buffalo is currently 15 months).

Your company could start the ball rolling now.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the response.

I cannot apply now as I do not have 2 years experience in my job and this is a requirement for the PNP.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

So from past experiences is it too late to put in an application late October for PNP?

Thanks
Old Feb 20th 2012, 9:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot apply now as I do not have 2 years experience in my job and this is a requirement for the PNP.
Just checking, but you are aware that the 2 years experience requirement doesn't have to have been in the job you are in now - i.e. if you did the same job in the UK, that would count?

I'm sure you realise that and do need to wait the full 2 years, but just thought I'd mention it just in case!

Old Feb 21st 2012, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

So from past experiences is it too late to put in an application late October for PNP?

Thanks
I honestly don't know. My case was particularly complex due to (apparently) my employer not having paid something or other tax wise in the past (and my employer is the local Council ), that's why it took so long for my company to get their nomination. I was out here on an LMO based TWP by the time it came through.

Remember with the CEC visa (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), you need to have a valid work permit when you land. You may be struggling with this on this route.

Good luck.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:19 am
Just Joined

LMJ86 is an unknown quantity at this point

I myself am currently in the same situation and I have complete extensive research into both the LMO and PNP programes.

My research shows that with the PNP the cost is $2,000 and is a more simpler process as the LMO is complex and requires (Job Advertisement in Newspapers and Jobbank etc, It also requires that Canadian Resumes and why they have been turned down are submitted) Once that has all been completed it is then submitted to HRSDC and could be a positive or negative out come which can then impact the TWP.

With regards to the PNP the process seems more reasonable as it is based on the employer, you can also go down to the ON PNP office in Down-Town Toronto and actually go and talk to someone. I thought the same thing about having the 2 years 'Canadian Experience' but its NOT it is 2 years of your industry / field so even if you have more than 2 years from the UK and as long as you are going into the same industry / field you should be OK.

Hope anyone who reads this will find it helpful, I have had a really hard time with trying to get a new work permit as mine ran out in November even though I have been present in Canada since 2009!

I would like to know if you can tell me how you managed to get a IEC visa while in Canada? Did you have to return home and come back again? If anyone can advise on this it will be a great help, I am only a few months short of the Canadian Experience and I am currently with no income and no job. My friends are helping me here in Canada but I fear I can not last much longer without being able to work.

Many Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LMJ86
I would like to know if you can tell me how you managed to get a IEC visa while in Canada? Did you have to return home and come back again?
You can apply from Canada, no problem. The only issue is that there is a residency requirement (can't recall exactly, but it's something like you must have lived in the UK for at least 18 months out of the past 3 years), which I don't think you'd meet, so I don't think you'd be eligible anyway. Worth double checking though, as if you are you could just apply from Canada and get a one year open work permit to tide you over.

HTH, and welcome to BE.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:51 am
Just Joined

LMJ86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can apply from Canada, no problem. The only issue is that there is a residency requirement (can't recall exactly, but it's something like you must have lived in the UK for at least 18 months out of the past 3 years), which I don't think you'd meet, so I don't think you'd be eligible anyway. Worth double checking though, as if you are you could just apply from Canada and get a one year open work permit to tide you over.

HTH, and welcome to BE.

Thank You for your response! I have lived in Canada for the past 2 1/2 years but I have gone home for a week, don't know if that will help in anyway I doubt it but I will do my research.

Many Thanks!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 2:50 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by LMJ86
Thank You for your response! I have lived in Canada for the past 2 1/2 years but I have gone home for a week, don't know if that will help in anyway I doubt it but I will do my research.

Many Thanks!
"2 in a row"

As you have been outside the UK for more than 18 months in the past 3 years, you are not eligible for an IEC working holiday visa.I

Last edited by PMM; Feb 21st 2012 at 2:54 pm.