Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Ontario Nomination Delays? Any info?

Ontario Nomination Delays? Any info?

Old Jun 13th 2016, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

gwoodhouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Ontario Nomination Delays? Any info?

Hello all

So, as many of you know I had my CIC application in all last year at around 420 points and didn't get anywhere.

At the beginning of this year I got a few job offers, but every one found that they wouldn't be able to get a LMIA (assuming because there are lot's of Canadians who applied for the jobs I applied for). At that stage I ran out of ideas as to how to get over there.

So around February we signed up with a Visa agency. They said that they would go through the route of getting an Ontario Nomination, which would be back by June, we'd then put the main application in should have our Visa by September.

Unfortunately the Visa agent contacted us a few months ago and told us there were "unforeseen" delays with the Ontario Nomination program. We've been waiting for months with no information on what's going on, what the delays are, how soon we expect the delays to go away - we've been told to be patient.

Does anyone else have any information on what would be holding up being invited to apply for Ontario Nomination?

We made the silly mistake of letting our friends / employers / family know we expected to be gone by September and now we're finding ourselves severely isolated

Hope some out there can help / are in the same situations and can empathize!

Graeme
Old Jun 13th 2016, 2:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ontario Nomination Delays? Any info?

Originally Posted by gwoodhouse
Unfortunately the Visa agent contacted us a few months ago and told us there were "unforeseen" delays with the Ontario Nomination program. We've been waiting for months with no information on what's going on, what the delays are, how soon we expect the delays to go away - we've been told to be patient.

Does anyone else have any information on what would be holding up being invited to apply for Ontario Nomination?
Jeez, you have an 'agent' and they haven't told you the reason for the hold up?!? Quite simply, the quota has filled for the year - Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program: Program Updates

If you were applying under the Human Capital stream, then it filled back in February.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Woah...

They said in February that there was an unknown delay, that they would have more news in March. Then they said they wouldn't have any news until May.

Then in May they said "There is no news, just be patient"

Have they just told me a whole pack of lies?
Old Jun 13th 2016, 2:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Woah...

They said in February that there was an unknown delay, that they would have more news in March. Then they said they wouldn't have any news until May.

Sorry, but it would appear so, yes. If you look at the link I gave you above, then it clearly shows that the quota was filled in February (assuming you were applying under the Human Capital Stream?). You've not mentioned a job offer, so I assume that applies to you.

It also seems that they've pretty much guaranteed you'll get a PNP from what you've said, you seem to have seen it as a 'sure thing'? But Ontario may never have picked you from the pool! You could have applied and Ontario may be looking for other skills, it's not guaranteed, and they should have told you that too.

Sorry, but I think all you can do is wait until the 2017 quota is released and hope that Ontario pick you then. :fingers crossed:

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 13th 2016 at 3:00 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 2:56 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Woah...

Does your agents name start with a B a lot?
Old Jun 13th 2016, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Yup
Old Jun 13th 2016, 3:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yup
Oh blooming 'eck. You should have searched BE for threads about them first!

Any chance you can get your money back? If they're giving you duff info (do you have the 'unknown delay' in writing to show their incompetence?) then hopefully you can cancel your contract and get rid of them.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

I did search the forums. I only saw information on Sexual Harassment back in 2011 which I assumed if proved true would have put him out of business?

The problem is I'm quite happy to cough up the cash - we so desperately want to get over there and have been trying for 2 years now and we just haven't been able to find a way of doing it on our own.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 3:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I did search the forums. I only saw information on Sexual Harassment back in 2011 which I assumed if proved true would have put him out of business?
He pleaded guilty. No idea why that didn't put him out of business. Hudson boss who groped staff pleads guilty | Montreal Gazette

There's loads of bad reviews on Brazolot though, unfortunately they have an awful reputation.

The problem is I'm quite happy to cough up the cash - we so desperately want to get over there and have been trying for 2 years now and we just haven't been able to find a way of doing it on our own.
But you could have just applied for Ontario PNP yourself? Using a consultant doesn't make any difference to your chances. It might be better to do that if you can get out of your contract.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 3:50 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=9072451
Old Jun 13th 2016, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
"No Matches" ?
Old Jun 13th 2016, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
But you could have just applied for Ontario PNP yourself? Using a consultant doesn't make any difference to your chances. It might be better to do that if you can get out of your contract.
I tried to do the Ontario PNP myself (PNP - Province Nomination Program right?) and I couldn't make head nor tail of it. I just sat put at 421 or something and hoped that it would come down low enough.

I'd hoped that there would be some other route they can guide me down. I'm going to talk with them tonight and figure out if they have anything to say about the situation. I don't know what I can do past that.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 7:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I tried to do the Ontario PNP myself (PNP - Province Nomination Program right?) and I couldn't make head nor tail of it.
Yes, PNP = Provincial Nominee Program. If you've already applied and are in the EE pool, then there is nothing else you need to do. Ontario searches the EE pool and selects people that they identify as being valuable to Ontario. You would then get an alert telling you that Ontario has given you a 'Notification of Interest' and are invited to apply for PR via the PNP.

So basically Ontario comes to you for Express Entry PNP apps, not the other way around! Once you've received the NOI, you then have 45 days to apply.

The process is all set out here, it's really not something that you need a consultant's help with if you've already got as far as entering the EE pool - OINP-Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities

HTH.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 7:50 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
He pleaded guilty. No idea why that didn't put him out of business. Hudson boss who groped staff pleads guilty | Montreal Gazette

There's loads of bad reviews on Brazolot though, unfortunately they have an awful reputation.

He was given an unconditional discharge.
The Crown and defence agreed on a sentence of an unconditional discharge, meaning Brazolot will have no criminal record and is deemed not to be convicted
Presumably, because of this, nothing further was deemed necessary.
Three of the four victims have filed a complaint with the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants, the organization that licences immigration consultants in Canada, which was awaiting the outcome of the criminal case before making a decision.
I wouldn't go near him with a bargepole, having read the numerous complaints about his immigration advice and practice.

I'd suggest the OP ask for a refund on the basis that they did not give him a truthful response. If that doesn't work, make a formal complaint to the ICCRC
https://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/home.cfm