Online Citizenship Oaths

Old Jun 8th 2020, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Online Citizenship Oaths

So apparently they're starting to conduct online Oaths for those who have already written the test...

Online Citizenship Ceremonies

I'm hoping that will speed things up and get us "done" but at the same time I will be sorry not to get to stand in a room full of wannabe Canadians and pledge my loyalty to Canada.
Old Jun 8th 2020, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online Citizenship Oaths

We were never given the chance to swear an oath in front of a judge with a crowd of others!

We just went down to an office building in downtown Vancouver in December 1973 handed over our forms to a very bored clerk. She collected the cheques from me ......... $10 each if I remember correctly. Then pulled a bible out of her desk drawer, asked each of us to put our hands on the bible and swear the oath of allegiance to the Queen. She then said "That's it", and we walked out.

Our citizenship certificates arrived in the mail 3 months later in February (OH) and early March (me). I managed to become a Canadian citizen officially just 2 weeks before our daughter was born.

We were never asked if we wanted to do the test or the swearing in ceremony. A close friend became a citizen a few months later, was asked those questions and decided to take the test so he could find out what he knew about Canada.
Old Jun 8th 2020, 1:10 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
So apparently they're starting to conduct online Oaths for those who have already written the test...
I think this is a good idea. If it was me I wouldn’t want to be waiting
Old Jun 12th 2020, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
We were never given the chance to swear an oath in front of a judge with a crowd of others!

We just went down to an office building in downtown Vancouver in December 1973 handed over our forms to a very bored clerk. She collected the cheques from me ......... $10 each if I remember correctly. Then pulled a bible out of her desk drawer, asked each of us to put our hands on the bible and swear the oath of allegiance to the Queen. She then said "That's it", and we walked out.

Our citizenship certificates arrived in the mail 3 months later in February (OH) and early March (me). I managed to become a Canadian citizen officially just 2 weeks before our daughter was born.

We were never asked if we wanted to do the test or the swearing in ceremony. A close friend became a citizen a few months later, was asked those questions and decided to take the test so he could find out what he knew about Canada.
How things have changed...
Old Jun 12th 2020, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I think this is a good idea. If it was me I wouldn’t want to be waiting
Oh we'll do it at the first opportunity... whenever that may be. lol
Old Jun 12th 2020, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

NavyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

You can always attend a ceremony in the future and re-pledge. When I had my ceremony I dragged along my best mate and he took the pledge and such like from the back. He loved it.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
How things have changed...
They certainly have!

Mostly for the better, some possibly for the worst