online citizenship forms

Old Aug 17th 2022, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

muners is an unknown quantity at this point
Default online citizenship forms

Anyone else having issues with the online application forms? The drop downs don't all work and when the form is filled in (without the dropdown issue ones) and ready to print, all of the boxes are still outlined in red. Could this be because I'm using Firefox or Google chrome? Can someone point me in the right direction. Thank you.
Old Aug 17th 2022, 12:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: online citizenship forms

Daft question, but are you definitely eligible to apply online?
Old Aug 17th 2022, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, It's the download forms.
I tried using Adobe and a non Adobe pdf application but there are still issues.
The forms were from the government website.
Old Aug 19th 2022, 5:19 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on a mac and had to right click on the "Application for Canadian Citizenship – Adults [CIT 0002] (PDF, 379 KB)" item to download it, and then open it in Adobe Acrobat DC. If I tried the macOS preview app it would not load the form.

You could have a look here - https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/landing - and follow the "Confirm if you can apply online" steps to see if it'll let you apply online, as that'd avoid problems with using the PDF files.
Old Aug 19th 2022, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, yes we have to apply old school as we have a child. So right now we're unable to apply online..
Old Aug 19th 2022, 7:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muners
Sorry, It's the download forms.
I tried using Adobe and a non Adobe pdf application but there are still issues.
The forms were from the government website.
Hmm, afraid I'm not much use to you then, I'm not very technically minded! But I know this has come up before, so have a hunt around the forums and you may find the answer?

Best of luck.
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute

I applied in May 2022 online with no issues. I used a windows 10 laptop and the latest version of Adobe. Note, this was for myself only.