Wikiposts

Online Application Status Check

Old May 11th 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough
Default Online Application Status Check

Hi There,

Every-time I check our application status online (receipt date May 06) - I get the message application not found (or words to that affect). Am I right in thinking that your application does not appear on the system until they start processing it? I.e. 90 day letter? Or should it be there from day of receipt?

Regards,

James.
Old May 11th 2008, 9:12 pm
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all
Default Re: Online Application Status Check

Hi jwsadler

You need to make sure you select 'England' and not the 'UK'. I'm assuming you applied to LDN
Old May 11th 2008, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough

Hi manningl,

Thanks for that! Have found it! Great to see that we're in the system...

Best regards,

James.
Old May 11th 2008, 9:21 pm
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all

Yeah you wonder if they've forgotten you or mislaid your form until you see it online. Doesn't tell you much though does it
Old May 11th 2008, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

I know,

Just says they received it. But after two years of not seeing anything (doh! ) its nice to see something .

Thanks for all your help.
James.
Old May 11th 2008, 11:36 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

I still check, but it never changes. It took ages for our app to appear on there and it still just stays 'In process', no mention of medicals or anything. Bit of a rubbish system, as people don't seem to update it.

I was wondering the other day why they don't have the people power to keep it up to date. I reckon the folk applying would be willing to pay like an extra £10 or so on their application fee for the peace of mind that would come with keeping the system up to date, like 'updates receive', 'medicals request' etc. Just my thoughts on the subject.
Old May 12th 2008, 2:28 am
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
Bit of a rubbish system, as people don't seem to update it.
This system was 'the spawn of the devil' while we waited for our app to be processed, i tried not to look at it everyday( come on peeps you can admit that you do!) but it never changed, it still even said in process when i was holding our visas in my grubby little mitts!
Old May 12th 2008, 6:07 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by wonderwoman
This system was 'the spawn of the devil' while we waited for our app to be processed, i tried not to look at it everyday( come on peeps you can admit that you do!) but it never changed, it still even said in process when i was holding our visas in my grubby little mitts!
The main reason was/is that the Department in its infinite wisdom decided that they would merge CAIPS/FOSS into one system Global Case Management System which would feed Ecas. Well the problem is that this system has been in the works for over 7 years, and still hasn't been made to work. The split of CIC and CBSA didn't help the matter either.
Old May 12th 2008, 7:11 am
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

The main reason was/is that the Department in its infinite wisdom decided that they would merge CAIPS/FOSS into one system Global Case Management System which would feed Ecas. Well the problem is that this system has been in the works for over 7 years, and still hasn't been made to work. The split of CIC and CBSA didn't help the matter either.
Thanks for telling us there was a reason, but I'm afraid it means nothing to me. Don't worry I'm not asking you to explain it either.

Just apart from confirming my new address had been entered, and that my application hadn't been closed it's been a bit of a waste of time.