Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Ongoing application for PR - now received job offer

Ongoing application for PR - now received job offer

Old Dec 17th 2004, 7:45 am
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,664
TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Question Ongoing application for PR - now received job offer

Hi there! This is my first time posting on this site. Can I say, first of all, how useful and reassuring it has been to read the info posted.
My husband and I applied for PR Dec 03, with acknowledgement of receipt of application in Feb 04. I've now received a job offer and have sent a copy of the paperwork to CHC London.
Can anyone tell me if the job offer is likely to speed up my PR application? The employer wants me start work by April 18 2005 - am I likely to make this deadline?

Cheers

TrishB
TrishP is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2004, 8:59 am
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ongoing application for PR - now received job offer

Did you get and submit positive Arranged Employment Opinion from HRSDC with the job offer? If not then offer of employment is just a worthless piece of paper. If yes, then it will add points to your score, but most likely won't affect processing time.


Originally Posted by TrishB
Hi there! This is my first time posting on this site. Can I say, first of all, how useful and reassuring it has been to read the info posted.
My husband and I applied for PR Dec 03, with acknowledgement of receipt of application in Feb 04. I've now received a job offer and have sent a copy of the paperwork to CHC London.
Can anyone tell me if the job offer is likely to speed up my PR application? The employer wants me start work by April 18 2005 - am I likely to make this deadline?

Cheers

TrishB
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:13 am
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,664
TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ongoing application for PR - now received job offer

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Did you get and submit positive Arranged Employment Opinion from HRSDC with the job offer? If not then offer of employment is just a worthless piece of paper. If yes, then it will add points to your score, but most likely won't affect processing time.

Hi Andrew

I contacted the HR Dept where I 've been offered employment to enquire whether the offer had an HRDC approval, but the reply was as follows:

"When I was speaking with Canadian Immigration and I told her it was an
Occupational Therapist that we offering employment, she said okay that
occupation didn't need something and I don't remember what it was. In other
words certain occupations were exempt from the whole process so hopefully,
you don't need confirmation from HRDC."

Does this seem right to you?

TrishB
TrishP is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:22 am
  #4  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ongoing application for PR - now received job offer

No, it is incorrect. In order to have Arranged Employment points counted with your PR application job offer must meet AE criteria and have positive Arranged Employment Opinion from HRSDC, no exceptions for any occupation.

Originally Posted by TrishB
Hi Andrew

I contacted the HR Dept where I 've been offered employment to enquire whether the offer had an HRDC approval, but the reply was as follows:

"When I was speaking with Canadian Immigration and I told her it was an
Occupational Therapist that we offering employment, she said okay that
occupation didn't need something and I don't remember what it was. In other
words certain occupations were exempt from the whole process so hopefully,
you don't need confirmation from HRDC."

Does this seem right to you?

TrishB
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2004, 6:31 pm
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
wensamjam's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Fall River, Nova Scotia.
Posts: 551
wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice
Default Re: Ongoing application for PR - now received job offer

Hi TrishB,

we are on the same timeline, we got AOR in jan 04. My husband also got offered a job this feb, but not HRDC, they did write a letter to immigration explaning they had offered my husband employment, but sadly it does not make our application go any faster. They are holding out for him until we arrive which we hope will be about june 05, if our medicals show up after christmas. Fingers crossed they show soon, let us know when you get yours. Good luck with job offer. Where in Canada are you going? We are heading for Halifax.
wensamjam is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:36 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,664
TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ongoing application for PR - now received job offer

Originally Posted by wensamjam
Hi TrishB,

we are on the same timeline, we got AOR in jan 04. My husband also got offered a job this feb, but not HRDC, they did write a letter to immigration explaning they had offered my husband employment, but sadly it does not make our application go any faster. They are holding out for him until we arrive which we hope will be about june 05, if our medicals show up after christmas. Fingers crossed they show soon, let us know when you get yours. Good luck with job offer. Where in Canada are you going? We are heading for Halifax.
Hi Wendy

Going to Pembroke in Ontario
TrishP is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:40 pm
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,664
TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ongoing application for PR - now received job offer

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
No, it is incorrect. In order to have Arranged Employment points counted with your PR application job offer must meet AE criteria and have positive Arranged Employment Opinion from HRSDC, no exceptions for any occupation.
Andrew

Thanks for the info. What do you advise? Is it permissible to have an application for a work permit running concurrently with PR application through the same office (CHC London)?

Regards

Trish
TrishP is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:56 am
  #8  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ongoing application for PR - now received job offer

Yes, you can have PR and Work Permit application processed at the same time.

But Arranged Employment Opinion from HRSDC has nothing to do with Work Permit - it is only for PR application points.

For Work Permit you will need HRSDC validated job offer (Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC) after employer proves that regardless extensive nationwide search no Canadian candidate was found.

Originally Posted by TrishB
Andrew

Thanks for the info. What do you advise? Is it permissible to have an application for a work permit running concurrently with PR application through the same office (CHC London)?

Regards

Trish
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:25 am
  #9  
keep checking....
 
mhhp's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: was Switzerland/Germany now BC Canada
Posts: 1,440
mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: Ongoing application for PR - now received job offer

Originally Posted by TrishB
Andrew

Thanks for the info. What do you advise? Is it permissible to have an application for a work permit running concurrently with PR application through the same office (CHC London)?

Regards

Trish
Good luck we are still hoping for the employment offer. It sounds like getting a temp work permit may be the best for you.
mhhp is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2004, 5:56 am
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,664
TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ongoing application for PR - now received job offer

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Yes, you can have PR and Work Permit application processed at the same time.

But Arranged Employment Opinion from HRSDC has nothing to do with Work Permit - it is only for PR application points.

For Work Permit you will need HRSDC validated job offer (Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC) after employer proves that regardless extensive nationwide search no Canadian candidate was found.
Thanks again Andrew

My general idea, given that even an AEO doesn't speed up the PR process, was that I could apply for a work permit as that usually comes through a lot quicker at CHC London. I've gone back to HR at prospective employer's and asked them to consult HRDC and will have to wait for a response from them. I don't have time on my side as the employer wishes me to commence before April 2005.


TrishB
TrishP is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2004, 6:52 am
  #11  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ongoing application for PR - now received job offer

Check here to see what is needed:

http://hrsdc.gc.ca/en/epb/lmd/fw/supperimm.shtml

Please note that for work permit you need Labour Market Opinion, thus follow proper link on the above page


Originally Posted by TrishB
Thanks again Andrew

My general idea, given that even an AEO doesn't speed up the PR process, was that I could apply for a work permit as that usually comes through a lot quicker at CHC London. I've gone back to HR at prospective employer's and asked them to consult HRDC and will have to wait for a response from them. I don't have time on my side as the employer wishes me to commence before April 2005.


TrishB
Andrew Miller is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.