One-Way or Return

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

pocockc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One-Way or Return

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
I could be mistaken, but I thought that travel insurance covered you for short break holidays (i.e. not permanently moving to a place). Do you mean health insurance? If so, it's not a bad idea to get it.

Health insurance/ Travel insurance What is the Difference? Insure and Go can insure up to 2 years. I was thinking of taking out Travel insurance for a year.

Anyone know of any other campany that I can insure through
Old Sep 1st 2005, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pocockc
Health insurance/ Travel insurance What is the Difference? Insure and Go can insure up to 2 years. I was thinking of taking out Travel insurance for a year.

Anyone know of any other campany that I can insure through

Also - does anyone know of any good website to look for jobs in Canada.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Did you mean their backpackers 18mth insurance? If you're a de facto resident, you can't have travel insurance. They won't pay if you make a claim.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Did you mean their backpackers 18mth insurance? If you're a de facto resident, you can't have travel insurance. They won't pay if you make a claim.

So what do you do then? Surley I must cover myself for the flight and first few days.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pocockc
So what do you do then? Surley I must cover myself for the flight and first few days.
People have said the the Post Office offer one-way emigrants insurance. as for health insurance, probably better to go with a Canadian company for ease of payment if you have a claim. There are lots of posts about this on the Lifestyle forum if you search the archive. One thing, I think you have to take this health insurance within XX number of days of arriving, otherwise you will find it very difficult to get coverage. I assume this is to stop health tourism?

Hth
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
People have said the the Post Office offer one-way emigrants insurance. as for health insurance, probably better to go with a Canadian company for ease of payment if you have a claim. There are lots of posts about this on the Lifestyle forum if you search the archive. One thing, I think you have to take this health insurance within XX number of days of arriving, otherwise you will find it very difficult to get coverage. I assume this is to stop health tourism?

Hth

Thanks for the information.

I have just booked up my flight to Toronto. It goes via Montreal. Will this matter? Also, has anyone else flown with Zoom Airlines?
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Seamus73]

The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, this is where all sponsorship applications for spousal/family class are sent. Just up the road from where I now live!

This is correct for Out of Canada applications for spousal sponsorship being processed at embassies around the world and is different forms to the In canada family sponsorship which gets processed at vegreville (CPC-V)

The difference is that if you did reside in canada and had a work permit then you are toether with your wife it would be processed as in canada and take 6- 8 months

If you dont have a work permit and have the papers sent to uk you would send it to CPC -M which would then send you r part of the application to london and it took for me only 3.5 months
Old Sep 5th 2005, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=matty266]
Originally Posted by Seamus73

The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, this is where all sponsorship applications for spousal/family class are sent. Just up the road from where I now live!

This is correct for Out of Canada applications for spousal sponsorship being processed at embassies around the world and is different forms to the In canada family sponsorship which gets processed at vegreville (CPC-V)

The difference is that if you did reside in canada and had a work permit then you are toether with your wife it would be processed as in canada and take 6- 8 months

If you dont have a work permit and have the papers sent to uk you would send it to CPC -M which would then send you r part of the application to london and it took for me only 3.5 months

Also, when on the plane to Toronto and you have to fill out the immigration cards. What should I put on there. I am just visiting or planning on getting married and staying?