Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Which one comes first: Medicals or Background Checks?

Which one comes first: Medicals or Background Checks?

Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:55 am
Just Joined

st.catharines is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which one comes first: Medicals or Background Checks?

Hi everybody,

I have completed my personal interview and every thing was in order.
I would like to know what is the next step now, I asked this question to the officer during the interview, he said: "They will send you the medicals in three weeks", but this did not happen.
My immigration representative contacted the visa office regarding the application; they said it is under background checks.
I am confused about which one is first: The medicals or the background checks?
Can any one advise please?
Thanks in advance.

Below some information about my case:
Immigration category: Federal Investor.
Visa office: London.
AOR date: 12 May 2008.
Interview date: 15 June 2009.

Thank you very much, and best regards.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 4:17 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which one comes first: Medicals or Background Checks?

They are started in parallel but of course may be completed at different times.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:43 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

QUOTE=Jim Humphries;7880390]They are started in parallel but of course may be completed at different times.[/QUOTE]

1. One proviso, if the VO feels that the background check may take longer than usual, then they will delay sending medical instructions to eliminate having to have a second medical.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Jim Humphries and PMM for your kind reply, best wishes.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi
1. One proviso, if the VO feels that the background check may take longer than usual, then they will delay sending medical instructions to eliminate having to have a second medical.
If somebody already received the medical instruction, does that mean the background check has been completed and passed?
Old Aug 27th 2009, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Hi Want2Move,

According to my information, it does not mean that.
The background checks can take a year or so in many cases, this depends on the number of countries you have lived in for 6 months or more since your 18th birthday.

Best wishes.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

spaa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by st.catharines
Hi everybody,

I have completed my personal interview and every thing was in order.
I would like to know what is the next step now, I asked this question to the officer during the interview, he said: "They will send you the medicals in three weeks", but this did not happen.
My immigration representative contacted the visa office regarding the application; they said it is under background checks.
I am confused about which one is first: The medicals or the background checks?
Can any one advise please?
Thanks in advance.

Below some information about my case:
Immigration category: Federal Investor.
Visa office: London.
AOR date: 12 May 2008.
Interview date: 15 June 2009.

Thank you very much, and best regards.
Background checks are done before medical and once medical call done security check will start..
Old Aug 28th 2009, 1:39 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

As PMM and I noted earlier in this thread they are done in parallel with the aim of having them both competed at approximately the same time. If the visa officer believes that the background check will take more than a year the medical instructions will be sent out somewhat later but still before the background check is completed. This is for all cases except the sponsored spouse category.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everybody. I have one more question.

My e-CAS says this, "Medical results have been received". Does that mean my family and I pass the medicals?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

spaa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Want2Move
Thanks everybody. I have one more question.

My e-CAS says this, "Medical results have been received". Does that mean my family and I pass the medicals?
It's good news, I guess decesion is already made for your application and you should get mail anytime from now...Congrats
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spaa
It's good news, I guess decesion is already made for your application and you should get mail anytime from now...Congrats
Thanks for replying. I hope you are right and I will receive my PPR soon.