Once you submit...Thats it?

Old Mar 22nd 2020, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

i_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Once you submit...Thats it?

HI,

I have a quick question which I sort of have the answer to, but am hoping that I am wrong. As some of you may know, my wife and I are in the process of going to Canada and we have started on our Express Entry Profile. We are currently waiting on my wife's LMIA for her job offer and an ECA report for her degree. We both completed our IELTS and on the provisional score (before you apply) we got 519 points.

We would like to move the application on as soon as possible, due to the current travel climate, and a major delay is doing my ECA (it would take at least 15 weeks to complete).

So my questions are:

1. Once the online profile is complete and submitted, we get an official score and placed in a pool. Can we add anything to our profile or as the title to my thread suggests, no changes can be made.
2. If we submit our profile without my ECA report, we stand to lose 8 points. All points are important and not having those 8 points will place us lower on the pool scoring, but will it make a significant enough change that we would wait much longer?

The second question is a bit of a 'how long is a bit of string question' so I won't hold anyone to it. I ask just because I want to know whether we are better off waiting almost 4 months to get my ECA report and then getting the 8 points, or whether the delay whilst waiting in the pool with minus 8 points and getting an ITA would be less than actually waiting for the ECA report for my qualifications and then entering the pool, with plus 8 points.

Thanks!

Results of test (if I were to have my ECA complete):

Core/Human capital factors

• Age = 90
  • Level of education = 126
  • Study in Canada = undefined
  • Official Languages = 125
    • First Official Language = 125
    • Second Official Language = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 341

Spouse factors

• Level of education = 8
  • First Official Languages = 20
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 28

Skill transferability factors

Education

• A) Official Language proficiency and education = 50
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 50

Foreign work experience

• A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 0
Subtotal = 50

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 100

Comprehensive Ranking System formula

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 469

Provincial nomination = 0

Job offer = 50

Study in Canada = 0

Sibling in Canada = 0

French-language skills = 0

Subtotal Additional points = 50

Grand total = 519
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Once you submit...Thats it?

You can make adjustments whilst your in the pool, so you sit in there with 511, get the ECA back and get update your (or her) profile and your score updates.

current scores needed for entry are around 470-475, so in theory you shouldn't need the extra 8 points. Draws may end up not happening, or scores may change either way due to COVID-19 but thats something no one knows yet (and likely will be figured out as the pandemic advances).
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

i_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond reputei_Seeker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
You can make adjustments whilst your in the pool, so you sit in there with 511, get the ECA back and get update your (or her) profile and your score updates.

current scores needed for entry are around 470-475, so in theory you shouldn't need the extra 8 points. Draws may end up not happening, or scores may change either way due to COVID-19 but thats something no one knows yet (and likely will be figured out as the pandemic advances).
Thanks for the reply, that's good news. I will apply for my ECA and submit our EE profile.
Old Mar 23rd 2020, 8:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

As said above, you can change your profile once in the pool. But tbh, I'm not sure I'd bother spending the money on your ECA for just 8 points as you should easily be scoring enough without it (if the LMIA is granted etc).