Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Once upon a time ..... Description of relationship

Once upon a time ..... Description of relationship

Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute
Default Once upon a time ..... Description of relationship

Hey guys

Me again, thanks for all your help so far. Things seem to be progressing well.

Now we need to write our story and to be honest not sure how we should start.

As in "Once upon a time" Help do you just start Rob & Simon first meet at a Night Bus Stop stand in Trafalgar Square, outside Canada House. Over the next few days we started spending more and more time together. After about 10 days of knowing each other Rob introduced Simon to his best friend JOE Blogs and about 6 weeks after this date they had not only met each others friends but also Simon had met Rob's Parents and Rob had met Simon's.

Is this the right idea?

Robx (Thanks in advance)
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Once upon a time ..... Description of relationship

Sounds like a good start. Anything to back it up such as copies of phone statements showing phone calls and texts between the 2 of you? How about any emails which show date?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:29 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much as you say. Our narrative went along the lines of 'we met through an internet dating site, went on dates together in London then holidays together to x and y, visited each other's family and friends, stayed with each other, moved in etc etc. Essentially what they are looking for in a kinda purient way is 'we're doing it together and have been doing it together for at least a year'

EDIT: Back-up documentation for us included lots of photo's, afadavit's from friends and family testifying to the nature of our relationship, wills naming each other as principle beneficiaries etc etc.

Last edited by Atlantic Xpat; Aug 21st 2007 at 2:25 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:37 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Pretty much as you say. Our narrative went along the lines of 'we met through an internet dating site, went on dates together in London then holidays together to x and y, visited each other's family and friends, stayed with each other, moved in etc etc. Essentially what they are looking for in a kinda purient way is 'we're doing it together and have been doing it together for at least a year'
But we only met that once. And you're too young for me.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 2:26 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
But we only met that once. And you're too young for me.
Oh steady on man, I've had enough for one day with Souv's bizarre tale of dreaming about me. I mean I know I'm a powerfully attractive chap and all but I'm also happily married. To a woman.

Might be back in TO in Sept. If so we can meet twice but only if you bring dbd33 as a chaperone.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
Hey guys

As in "Once upon a time" Help do you just start Rob & Simon first meet at a Night Bus Stop stand in Trafalgar Square, outside Canada House. Over the next few days we started spending more and more time together. After about 10 days of knowing each other Rob introduced Simon to his best friend JOE Blogs and about 6 weeks after this date they had not only met each others friends but also Simon had met Rob's Parents and Rob had met Simon's.

Is this the right idea?

Robx (Thanks in advance)

Don't stop there, I need to know what happened next

We're working on the theory that the more information and evidence you can provide the better (even testimonials from friends). Maybe it's better to have too much information than not enough and pick up a delay.

Mandi.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Have any family or friends kept postcards that you have sent them from holidays together?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:07 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thunderchicken
Don't stop there, I need to know what happened next

We're working on the theory that the more information and evidence you can provide the better (even testimonials from friends). Maybe it's better to have too much information than not enough and pick up a delay.

Mandi.
Who said that time machines don't exist? Applying to immigrate to another country forces one to subject oneself to the less pleasant intrustions that eighteenth century heirs to thrones had to endure.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 6:14 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
Hey guys

Is this the right idea?

Robx (Thanks in advance)
Surely you don't think the Canada House bit will influence them
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

London-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond reputeLondon-England-Lads has a reputation beyond repute

Nope - but its the truth ! Which looking back was kinda weird !
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant futureThunderchicken has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Who said that time machines don't exist? Applying to immigrate to another country forces one to subject oneself to the less pleasant intrustions that eighteenth century heirs to thrones had to endure.
Good point

The wierd thing is I know my love for my OH and baby girl is unconditional but putting it down on paper for a complete stranger to judge and then backing it up with evdence is flippin' hard. Think we're just about there though and it'll be worth it.

Mandi.

Last edited by Thunderchicken; Aug 22nd 2007 at 10:13 pm.