Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

OMG!! PPRs arrived, not organised.....

OMG!! PPRs arrived, not organised.....

Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of
Default OMG!! PPRs arrived, not organised.....

HOORAYYY, just about to crack open a small shandy, perhaps a sweet sherry after (ok 2 bottles of wine in the fridge!!!)

Little brown envelope arrived today with a gorgeous maple leaf on it

thing is, I had resigned myself to not getting it all sorted until after Christmas, so mad panic to decide whether to go before Christmas.

I think decision is to wait until Feb time then get on over for our new life in NS. Hopefuy the dollar will be better by then??!!

Anyway, I have a question please. When we "land" we will only be staying for about two / three weeks to get our house passed for quarantine (for our parrots, not for us), get a bit of furniture and the bird cages sorted out, then we want to come back and return asap with the parrots - they have to arrive on a flight with us. If our resident cards have not arrived in those few weeks, what procedure will we have to follow to get through customs without our residents cards??

Thanks so much in advance!!
Rachel
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

spanglish is a jewel in the roughspanglish is a jewel in the roughspanglish is a jewel in the roughspanglish is a jewel in the roughspanglish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: OMG!! PPRs arrived, not organised.....

Originally Posted by rach_woz99
HOORAYYY, just about to crack open a small shandy, perhaps a sweet sherry after (ok 2 bottles of wine in the fridge!!!)

thing is, I had resigned myself to not getting it all sorted until after Christmas, so mad panic to decide whether to go before Christmas.

I think decision is to wait until Feb time then get on over for our new life in NS. Hopefuy the dollar will be better by then??!!

Anyway, I have a question please. When we "land" we will only be staying for about two / three weeks to get our house passed for quarantine (for our parrots, not for us), get a bit of furniture and the bird cages sorted out, then we want to come back and return asap with the parrots - they have to arrive on a flight with us. If our resident cards have not arrived in those few weeks, what procedure will we have to follow to get through customs without our residents cards??

Rachel
It is great. Many congratulations. I hope we will get ours soon.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Congrats on the PPR's. Sorry I can't answer your question. Where are you planning on going? We have rented a house in Chester from Dec 1st..eek... Enjoy the wine.

Angela

Rachel
Old Nov 7th 2007, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

Angela,

We have a house in Bridgetown, Annapolis Valley, that we bought in May. Gawd I can't wait now

Good luck for the December reccie brrrr!!
Rachel
Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and the best of luck!
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:39 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, Jim Humphries' response in the thread entitled PR Card Scandal seems to suggest that you don't need a PR card to get back into Canada. I assume you're British citizens, right?

Good luck with everything.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:31 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel
Congratulations

When you land you get some paperwork handed back to you by immigration. They told us this serves as proof of PR until your PR card comes through.