Old SW route and points system

Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all
Default Re: Old SW route and points system

Originally Posted by Emmjay
Thanks Mark

French is an option i am looking into, although languages have never been my strong point Still it might be worth giving French another try, can't hurt.

Emmjay
No worries. I noticed that you want to move to NS. In this case, have you looked at the Community Identified Stream?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 1:20 am
Yorkshire Lass

Emmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud of

Yes, this also is another option. I have spoken with one Regional Development Officer, and am looking into the other areas of NS, but am not sure if the other RDA's need letters of recommendation/support from people in the community? Am still looking into this.

Thanks

Emmjay
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
No worries. I noticed that you want to move to NS. In this case, have you looked at the Community Identified Stream?

The NS Community Identified Stream often seems to come up as some kind of "easier option". It certainly seems to be a very frequently suggested route to Canada. But whenever I've looked at it it always seem to stress that it is for people who have strong established connections to a Nova Scotia community. Doesn't that mean family and/or friends there? I just keep being surprised that it is suggested in so many cases when surely everyone can't have these established connections.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by KS2008
The NS Community Identified Stream often seems to come up as some kind of "easier option". It certainly seems to be a very frequently suggested route to Canada. But whenever I've looked at it it always seem to stress that it is for people who have strong established connections to a Nova Scotia community. Doesn't that mean family and/or friends there? I just keep being surprised that it is suggested in so many cases when surely everyone can't have these established connections.
I don't think it's an easy option, but it's certainly possible as folk on here have done it. Some of the regions in NS are pretty open minded with what constitutes a connection, and if you show a willingness to commit yourself and add value in the community, then they may be prepared to nominate you.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 1:08 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emmjay
Yes, this also is another option. I have spoken with one Regional Development Officer, and am looking into the other areas of NS, but am not sure if the other RDA's need letters of recommendation/support from people in the community? Am still looking into this.

Thanks

Emmjay
They all need letters of recommendation from organisations and people in their local community before they can issue a letter of identification for you. However different regions apply the rules more or less rigidly in terms of what types of letter of support they will accept. I know of one case where an applicant was able to provide letters of support from organisations in the UK rather than their community in NS! (this was a rural community). If you are thinking about moving to the greater Halifax area (Halifax/Dartmouth/Bedford) then the rules will be applied a little more strictly than in a rural area of NS.