Wikiposts

Ok thicky me.....

Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:34 am
Loving my life..

DanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant future
Question Ok thicky me.....

HELP.....Please can anyone give me an idea as to the time it takes to obtain a temporary working visa once I have a letter offering me a Job in Canada? simple question i know but I'm tierd and I can't seem to answer my own question...
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:51 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ok thicky me.....

Hi

Originally Posted by DanielH
HELP.....Please can anyone give me an idea as to the time it takes to obtain a temporary working visa once I have a letter offering me a Job in Canada? simple question i know but I'm tierd and I can't seem to answer my own question...
Once your employer gets the job offer certified by HRSDC and sends you a copy, it takes about a week 10 days in most offices to issue a work permit.
Unless it is a job (health, food children) that requires you to have a medical.

PMM
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Puzzler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

Just a thought, once a temp visa has been issues how long does it generally take for the permanent visa to come through? (if applying for the Skilled Worker visa) And is the temporary visa only granted on the condition that you stay in the job that got you the visa in the first place?

Thanks

Matt
Old Apr 29th 2005, 9:23 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Puzzler
Hi there

Just a thought, once a temp visa has been issues how long does it generally take for the permanent visa to come through? (if applying for the Skilled Worker visa) And is the temporary visa only granted on the condition that you stay in the job that got you the visa in the first place?

Thanks

Matt
2 different processes, no connection. Work Permit is restricted to employer in 95% of cases. (Some are open, but HRSDC approved ones are not)

PMM
Old Apr 29th 2005, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Puzzler is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh, ok.. so, do I have this right then? If I get a job offer that depends on me having a permenant visa and the job is confirmed by HRSDC. Ill have to tell the employer to wait for ~18 months while the skilled workers visa is processed in London?

Or will they issue me a temp work permit while the skilled workers application is being processed?

Thanks

Matt
Old Apr 29th 2005, 2:28 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HI

Originally Posted by Puzzler
Ahh, ok.. so, do I have this right then? If I get a job offer that depends on me having a permenant visa and the job is confirmed by HRSDC. Ill have to tell the employer to wait for ~18 months while the skilled workers visa is processed in London?

Or will they issue me a temp work permit while the skilled workers application is being processed?

Thanks

Matt
Yes, if the job requires that you be a PR unless the employer gets an offer certified by HRSDC for temporary employment as well as the LMO (Labour Market Opinion). Then you could come on a work permit, while the PR was being processed.

PMM