OINP not required!

Old Feb 3rd 2019, 8:19 am
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default OINP not required!

Just an update to my situation.

ITA received in the last draw (30th Jan 2019). Just managed to get through by one point (CRS - 438, my points 439). A bit of an odd draw from previous trends. Not many people at the top end of the pool and the ITA's issued were less that usual.

I've decided to scrap the OINP (funnily enough I completed all documentation on the draw day!)

Just a few questions:

crofty82 or MOD's - When you booked your medicals with Nuffield did you provide any reference number as they advise on their website that they need a UCI number? I've not got this yet.
https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/hospi...-in-manchester
Also, what tests did they do? I know they mention x-ray, urine tests and general physical exam? Just wondering as I've not got anything to worry about but want to know the procedure.

I've sent in for the ACRO police check on Friday just gone and await their results.

All the other relevant paperwork is ready to go but I've not got a personalised checklist that IRCC are suppose to send?

Old Feb 3rd 2019, 8:17 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OINP not required!

Congratulations!

From memory I don’t think you get your UCI number until you submit your application (could be wrong, it’s 7 months since we went for ours) so if that’s the case you won’t have it when you go but you will have your EE profile number.

Jusr re-read the confirmation letter they sent when we booked ours and this is what it said to bring:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada requirements are listed below. It is important that each applicant has the following with them at the appointment:

1. Your passport.

2. You should bring with you to your appointment any reports concerning previous or ongoing , especially in the 5 year period before this examination. These reports are required for review by the Panel Doctor.
Medical starts with providing a urine sample then in to see the doc and it’s blood sample, physical exam and they’ll ask you about your medical history, then finally chest X-ray, or at least that’s how it went for us.

When you call up to book you’ll be asked whether you’re going for a student or worker visa, you need to say worker.

Just to prepare you, the office manager at Nuffield Manchester is about the least helpful and charming person I’ve ever spoken to.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 7:00 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

First of all Congratulations on getting an invitation! Big relief all around I'm sure!

You are applying for Permanent Residency, not a work or student permit, so you either wait until you receive your Medical request OR you can have an "Up Front" medical, - for Express Entry they suggest you get an Up Front one done.. There's a list of what you must take with you on the 2nd link
For Express Entry: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...cal-exams.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...residents.html

You'll get your document checklist once you follow the steps:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...residence.html
You should start filling out the online form right away so that you can get all the information and documents you need before your invitation expires.

The system gives you a personalized document checklist once you’ve completed all of the fields in the online form. Get all the documents that are on your checklist.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...documents.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 4th 2019 at 7:12 am.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 9:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Feb 4th 2019, 10:56 am
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Yep a massive relief.

Just getting the medical booked and hopefully finalised all things by nextweek!
Old Feb 4th 2019, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

BigfootsMotorbike is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!
Old Feb 4th 2019, 1:47 pm
Knight of Constantinople

Originally Posted by BigfootsMotorbike
Congratulations!
Thanks! Near the end of this part of the battle!
Old Feb 5th 2019, 2:38 pm
Knight of Constantinople

Originally Posted by crofty82
Congratulations!

From memory I don’t think you get your UCI number until you submit your application (could be wrong, it’s 7 months since we went for ours) so if that’s the case you won’t have it when you go but you will have your EE profile number.

Jusr re-read the confirmation letter they sent when we booked ours and this is what it said to bring:

Medical starts with providing a urine sample then in to see the doc and it’s blood sample, physical exam and they’ll ask you about your medical history, then finally chest X-ray, or at least that’s how it went for us.

When you call up to book you’ll be asked whether you’re going for a student or worker visa, you need to say worker.

Just to prepare you, the office manager at Nuffield Manchester is about the least helpful and charming person I’ve ever spoken to.
Rang Nuffield this morning and had a decent conversation with the phone operator. Even managed to get in a quick joke! Maybe a different person on the phone from your experience. Emailed me all the details straight away.

Anyway, booked in the tests for nextweek for 3 of us and awaiting the police check to get back. Cost for 2x adults and 1x young child £725 for the medicals.
Old Feb 19th 2019, 9:03 am
Knight of Constantinople

Just a quick update:

Had the medicals. Everything went fine.

Police checks came back all fine also (no criminal histories!)

My file seems to be complete and will upload all information tomorrow.

One question if anyone knows, my firm where I am working has gone into liquidation. I will be starting a new job and have the employers letter from CIC from the liquidated firm. Do I need to tell them that I am about to leave as I presume the employers letter is to prove you basically had a job doing a certain role? I am in two minds just to put the details in another letter of explanation or attach it to the bank one?