Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

OH's POLICE CHECK NOT GOOD - ANY ADVICE?

OH's POLICE CHECK NOT GOOD - ANY ADVICE?

Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OH's POLICE CHECK NOT GOOD - ANY ADVICE?

Originally Posted by Antstar
Thanks Gryph, the "statement of truth" signed by a solicitor was something else I forgot to add to the list but I will take as much prrof as possible too. To be honest, before hearing Andrew's views re: previous convictions I thought proving our relationship was my biggest problem!!

Will also take ICE membership proof - good advice - are you a Civils too??
I will go out on SOWP with my civils OH and his membership certificate was on the long list of stuff we sent to london..........

Also we will be based in calgary but we are not there yet- not until october now as the LMO queue is enormous , hence the timeline request!!

Exciting times. Lots of engineers on here have just gone out or are about.

Are you working downtown?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Antstar is just really niceAntstar is just really niceAntstar is just really niceAntstar is just really niceAntstar is just really niceAntstar is just really niceAntstar is just really niceAntstar is just really niceAntstar is just really nice
Default Re: OH's POLICE CHECK NOT GOOD - ANY ADVICE?

Yeah I will be working downtown for an Oil & Gas company, I know quite a few are getting blanket visas because they are just desperate for engineers of all disciplines!

I will add my details to the timeline but just for your reference I accepted the job offer mid feb, submitted proof of my common law relationship mid march and and got a positive LMO in late June.....very exciting times!!!

Hope it all goes well for you and OH....best of luck! If I can help with advice on anything (I will only be over about a month before you) then please don't hesitate to get in touch!