Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

OH's occupation causes problem with PPR's if/when they come, Help wanted please.

OH's occupation causes problem with PPR's if/when they come, Help wanted please.

Old Jan 19th 2010, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold
Default OH's occupation causes problem with PPR's if/when they come, Help wanted please.

Hi all

Asked this before ages ago but hoping for more feedback this time.
We have our meds tomorrow and then hopefully PPR if all goes well, however my wife's occupation is cabin crew for Virgin Atlantic and as such she needs her passport quite regularly, she does have 13 days off in April but those days off are not movable and sodds law states our PPR will come sooner or later than her holidays, I know you can drop them off in London at CHC and pick them up 2 weeks later which may be our only option and she goes sick for the time whilst her passport's are in although she will require a doctor's note for that.
Just wondered if anyone had gone through anything similar and could offer any advice.
Thanks Guys in advance.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OH's occupation causes problem with PPR's if/when they come, Help wanted please.

Hi there,

It's perfectly possible and legal to hold more than one UK passport.

I don't know the technicalities and timescale involved in getting another issued, but if you contact the IPS advice line, I'm sure they'd be able to tell you.
Passport Adviceline: 0300 222 0000

Here's a link to another forum thread that explains more:
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hub...sport-my-33725

Last edited by AlexInBC; Jan 19th 2010 at 8:43 pm. Reason: Added second link
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:32 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OH's occupation causes problem with PPR's if/when they come, Help wanted please.

DAMN...............that was her thinking that she would get a reallllllll long break

Sorry not much use on this subject