Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

OHIP (Hopefully A.Miller can answer)

OHIP (Hopefully A.Miller can answer)

Old Nov 21st 2001, 7:04 pm
Rajeev

In regards to reply from "b" to "John Bessada" " I believe you can get a health card.
At least in Ontario you can with AIP. I did. You just take the approval letter down
to the health office. In this case OHIP office. They issue you a card and tell you
that when you land, you"

Which health office did u goto. I heard that I have to take my medicals and then I
can get temporary OHIP? or can I just go there, take my AIP and thats fine.

Thanx

Old Nov 22nd 2001, 2:34 am
B

Rajeev, in case you didn't see answer in earlier thread I'm copying it here...

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I had already completed and passed my medical exam
and had received a letter from CIC to that effect. You take THAT letter in to the
health office. I went to Barrie OHIP. The letter I got came a couple of months after
I got AIP. I think if I had called CIC a few months after medicals (before AIP was
received) and queried about passing or not passing I could have gotten it sooner but
I'm not sure if you have to pass medicals AND get AIP before you get that letter.
Probably you do.

>
    >
AIP.
    >
this
    >
    >
    >
    >
and
    >