Oh W.E.S That's fantastic!

Old Apr 26th 2013, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Oh W.E.S That's fantastic!

If you haven't guessed that was sarcasm in the title.

My university sent my transcripts to WES by courier and they arrived on Wednesday.

I sent my degree certificate by courier and it arrived on Thursday.

On Thursday I called them to get upgraded to same day processing (with a nice $200 charge), and was very happy to see a status of "Documents received - processing application". Thumbs up, but....

..... Just received an email saying my evaluation was on hold until they received my university transcripts. WTF!

So I called them and after 1 hour 10 minutes on hold I got through, and after explaining that the courier delivered the transcripts and I have proof, I was told they didn't have them!

Told them again that the transcripts were delivered on Wednesday, and they said "yes..." (phew) "..... we have your degree certificate, but are awaiting your transcripts" (grrrrr).

Finally convinced the person on the phone to go to the courier's web site and enter the tracking number, which they did. They then agreed they have received them and they they would enquire with their document department and email me before the end of the day (day? I paid for same day processing. How about 15 minutes)!

Not the quick turn around I had hoped for (and paid for). I really do hope they haven't lost my transcripts, but if they have I want them to admit it now so I can get another set sent. Don't care about the expense, I just want my degree evaluated.

The only thing annoying me more at the moment is this flaky Sky internet

I really hope that the rest of you are having a better experience.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 5:14 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh W.E.S That's fantastic!

I tend to notice with large organisations.. The customer is always wrong unless they (customer) can prove different!
Old Apr 26th 2013, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Sadly it doesn't matter how correct you are, you are often at their mercy.

You just have to grit your teeth and be polite as you want the person on the other end of the phone to deal with your issue rather than piss them off and have them put it to the bottom of their list.

One thing that worries me is that this is the third time I have called and I have spoken to the same person each time. I hope they have more than one or two people dealing with customer service, but I'm starting to doubt that they do, especially given the time you have to spend on hold before you are connected.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Update:

To be fair, they have been back to me within an hour and I assume they have found them as my evaluation "is in progress and scheduled for completion on the 04/26/2013" (today).

I just hope they don't find any fault, but it's a BSc (hons), which is probably about as straightforward as you can get - or am I being naive?
Old Apr 26th 2013, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Ahem, I'm pretty sure it's now past the end of the working day in Toronto, and the status is still showing "in progress".

Hmmmm.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 7:31 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck! Sounds like they are onto it at last.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

I received an email this morning that stated my evaluation was complete. When I looked on-line, it stated my 3 year BSc Hons (2:2) was worth a 4 year Canadian Bachelors degree.

Phew!

Now I just hope I didn't need to have all my other (irrelevant to my noc) qualifications assessed as I didn't include those. I hope that decision doesn't come back to bite me