Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Oh-my-god....its Finally Happened :)

Oh-my-god....its Finally Happened :)

Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:36 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

royyboy will become famous soon enough
Talking Oh-my-god....its Finally Happened :)

Guys, I would like to share some news..
Seems especially funny today, after all the posts me and the wife have made, specially today.
Upon arriving home, there were 2 brown envelopes..one contained all the personal gumph we sent with the app.
One deep breath later, i opened the other one...
Ladies and gents....royboy is now officially a Canadian permanent resident...
I will be in london on thursday, dropping off my passport, as requested..no way im trusting the postoffice with THIS

When myself and MissingCanada have recovered successfully enough from the shock, i'll update giving the timeline, as we said.

Again, a huge thank you to everyone who has replied to the posts we have made here, and the replies we have had.

We will both allways be here on this site, we've now made it, and to help others would be like giving something back.

Again, thank you all, we owe you a pitcher of Molson
Old Sep 10th 2004, 8:09 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future
Default Re: Oh-my-god....its Finally Happened :)

I am really pleased for you. How about hiring an armoured van to take you and passports up in ?? have one on me.

[QUOTE=royyboy]Guys, I would like to share some news..
Seems especially funny today, after all the posts me and the wife have made, specially today.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 8:20 pm
Yabba dabba doo

Yabbz is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATULATIONS to you both welcome to the visa owners club.....
Old Sep 10th 2004, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

tom thumb is an unknown quantity at this point

good on u.But don`t abbandon the board will you?keep us lot up to date withhow things go!
Old Sep 10th 2004, 9:53 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

ehehehe, no chance of that happening, will be nice now sharing our experiences with those starting out on this trail.
just in the process of sorting our timeline, and it appears that mr jim and andrew are spot on...mine took 6 months 4 days exactly

spot on with the six month thing there then.....
Old Sep 10th 2004, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by royyboy
ehehehe, no chance of that happening, will be nice now sharing our experiences with those starting out on this trail.
just in the process of sorting our timeline, and it appears that mr jim and andrew are spot on...mine took 6 months 4 days exactly

spot on with the six month thing there then.....
6 months only?????

Here 1 year 5 months and countig...I am sure mine will take 2 years at least...
Old Sep 10th 2004, 10:19 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Wow! I just this moment sent you a personal message saying I hope you get your request for passports soon. I really am absolutely delighted for you both.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 10:43 pm
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough

Congratulations to you both. I am sure you will be celebrating your news. I can only dream about the day that our letter will come. I am certain I will be able to drink one bottle of champagne on my own to mark the occasion.

Ozinca
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:48 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.

The new system is quick but it has some unhuman features - like the long silence and then as sudden request for your passport. Without any visible signs of progress everyone has their doubts and starts to worry for nothing.

Originally Posted by ozinca
Congratulations to you both. I am sure you will be celebrating your news. I can only dream about the day that our letter will come. I am certain I will be able to drink one bottle of champagne on my own to mark the occasion.

Ozinca
Old Sep 11th 2004, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Congratulations.

The new system is quick but it has some unhuman features - like the long silence and then as sudden request for your passport. Without any visible signs of progress everyone has their doubts and starts to worry for nothing.

How very true, Jim! Great news, Royyboy.... congratulations!!!!

Oggy
Old Sep 11th 2004, 5:16 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

very true jim, very true..
Having said that, given a choice, i think i would rather them spend time processing apps, than updating thier webbie..its just very hard and sometimes demoralising seeing your ecas stuck on "in progress" for so long.
Just the final hurdle, then im full pr eh