Wikiposts

Oh My God, The AOR just arrived!

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Maple Cupcakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oh My God, The AOR just arrived!

After 7 weeks and 1 day from receipt it has arrived.

Having a really crap morning (3 year old's tantrum in Asda at 9am didn't help) so it has really cheered me up just to know we are now officially in the queue. Not waiting the quoted 42-48 months mind you. 'It' is safely filed away, I have even saved the brown envelope with the little maple leaf on, how sad is that (bet I'm not the only one, eh!)

Now we have just got to sell the house.................

Nova Scotia here we come!!

Sue
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Oh My God, The AOR just arrived!

Ours arrived this am as well - 5 weeks 3 days after posting!!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:51 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, well done on your AOR! It's a great feeling to get that official letter.
Never fear, I kept the envelope too.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
Ours arrived this am as well - 5 weeks 3 days after posting!!
... can't count. 6 weeks, 4 days. Bit over excited this morning!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sueandkev
After 7 weeks and 1 day from receipt it has arrived.

Having a really crap morning (3 year old's tantrum in Asda at 9am didn't help) so it has really cheered me up just to know we are now officially in the queue. Not waiting the quoted 42-48 months mind you. 'It' is safely filed away, I have even saved the brown envelope with the little maple leaf on, how sad is that (bet I'm not the only one, eh!)

Now we have just got to sell the house.................

Nova Scotia here we come!!

Sue

You are selling your house already?????

Chris
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cneldred
You are selling your house already?????

Chris
Hi Chris,

We have decided to sell up, release the equity in our house now whilst the going is good and move into rented for 12-18 months. We are planning to start serious job hunting next summer; I don't want to be left here with 3 kids trying to sell the house whilst OH goes out ahead of us on a WP (job offer permitting), plus we spent too many years apart when he was in the Navy!!

Sue
Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sounds like a plan...being a squaddie's son i understand what you mean about life in the forces.

All the best

Chris
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cneldred
Sounds like a plan...being a squaddie's son i understand what you mean about life in the forces.

All the best

Chris
Chris,

Thanks and good luck with your meds.

Not long for you to go now, hope everything goes well for you .

Sue
Old Jul 25th 2007, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks...fingers crossed that everything goes ok.

Chris
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:08 pm
Flying Squirrel

Flying Squirrel has a brilliant futureFlying Squirrel has a brilliant futureFlying Squirrel has a brilliant futureFlying Squirrel has a brilliant futureFlying Squirrel has a brilliant futureFlying Squirrel has a brilliant future

Hi there,
I kept our brown envelope too - we arrived in Canada on 24th June this year after quite a wait, and when our container arrived a couple of weeks later I was unpacking our personal papers and guess what ? The much loved and treasured brown envelope has made it over to Canada as well!

Very soon you will get to the point where you know your file number off by heart from plugging it into the e-cas status thingie!

Best wishes for your journey along the immigration process - its defo worth the wait

Mrs FS
xx
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Mrs FS,

Thanks for your best wishes. How are you settling in? Hope everything is going really well for you.

No doubt the weather is better there than here! After 7 weeks of non stop rain which shows no sign of stopping, together with the prospect of entertaining 3 grumpy kids, for the next 6 weeks is looking somewhat unnerving! Oh, to be in Canada.

All the best

Sue
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:22 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Mrs FS,

Thanks for your best wishes. How are you settling in? Hope everything is going really well for you.

No doubt the weather is better there than here! After 7 weeks of non stop rain which shows no sign of stopping, together with the prospect of entertaining 3 grumpy kids, for the next 6 weeks is looking somewhat unnerving! Oh, to be in Canada.

All the best

Sue

Hi Sue

Know what you mean, we took our hols early this year and the kids have been left staring out the window at the bloody rain for the past 3 weeks.

Congrats with your AOR btw.

All the best
Danny
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs FS,

All the best

Sue
Make the most of only six weeks holidays..........the kiddies are off all of July & August here

It isn't really that bad, I actually enjoy the long holidays, always lots to do

Congratulations and good luck selling the house.

Linda
Old Jul 26th 2007, 3:32 am
Flying Squirrel

Flying Squirrel has a brilliant futureFlying Squirrel has a brilliant futureFlying Squirrel has a brilliant futureFlying Squirrel has a brilliant futureFlying Squirrel has a brilliant futureFlying Squirrel has a brilliant future

Hi Sue,
Yeah we have heard about all the floods - my family are in Sheffield which was hit quite badly in the first round of floods although they were lucky to miss any damage as they live on a hill.
The weather here is hot which has taken us a bit by surprise its going to be 35 degrees today and hotter for the weekend (normally it should be about 25)

Having been here now 4 weeks we feel very settled but still a bit like we are on holiday - one of my friends who emigrated to Florida about 6 years ago told me that she felt the same until about 2-3 months had past then reality hit her - however I was chatting to a lovely lady in town yesterday who said that she moved here 15 years ago and still feels like she is on holiday as everyone is so friendly and happy! I guess we are all different. Will keep you posted!!

Must admit it does help to have all the modern technology - we tend to do a webcam chat with friends and family three or four times a week and our parents have a telephone package which gives them up to an hour free call per day to Canada so we manage to get the gossip on everyone back in the UK.

Only thing I am missing at the moment is finding out what happened on Eastenders to that lady who was marrying Phil Mitchell ? Any ideas ?

Good luck with everything
Regards
Mrs FS
xx
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Flying Squirrel
Hi Sue,
Yeah we have heard about all the floods - my family are in Sheffield which was hit quite badly in the first round of floods although they were lucky to miss any damage as they live on a hill.
The weather here is hot which has taken us a bit by surprise its going to be 35 degrees today and hotter for the weekend (normally it should be about 25)

Having been here now 4 weeks we feel very settled but still a bit like we are on holiday - one of my friends who emigrated to Florida about 6 years ago told me that she felt the same until about 2-3 months had past then reality hit her - however I was chatting to a lovely lady in town yesterday who said that she moved here 15 years ago and still feels like she is on holiday as everyone is so friendly and happy! I guess we are all different. Will keep you posted!!

Must admit it does help to have all the modern technology - we tend to do a webcam chat with friends and family three or four times a week and our parents have a telephone package which gives them up to an hour free call per day to Canada so we manage to get the gossip on everyone back in the UK.

Only thing I am missing at the moment is finding out what happened on Eastenders to that lady who was marrying Phil Mitchell ? Any ideas ?

Good luck with everything
Regards
Mrs FS
xx
Hi Mrs FS,

Enjoy the fantastic weather, you lucky things!

Sorry, Can't help you with Eastenders, this is a Corrie only house!

All the best

Sue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.