Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Officially became a Canadian PR on Nov 15

Officially became a Canadian PR on Nov 15

Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light
Default Officially became a Canadian PR on Nov 15

We landed through Coutts, AB on Nov 15th and became Canadian PR. It feels great to have that honor. I was stressing about the landing so much, but it turned out to be the easiest thing of the whole PR process. We spent 5 days in AB and came back to the US where I am currently working. While in AB, we visited Lethbridge, Calgary, Banff, Red Deer and Edmonton. We fell in love with Banff and we liked Edmonton over Calgary. We are planning on moving to Alberta permanently in June/July 2010. I found Alberta to be more expensive than Utah where you can buy 24 bottles of water for $3.99 and it cost us $6.99 in Calgary Safeway. Also we pay $8.99 per person for Chinese dinner buffet in Utah (lunch buffet is only $6.99) and it cost us $12.99 per person in Red Deer. I guess that's the price I have to pay to live in a beautiful and peaceful country.

I would like to thank all of you for taking the time to read my posts and answer them during this journey. I would also like to thank all of you for making me feel like home on this forum.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Officially became a Canadian PR on Nov 15

Originally Posted by Want2Move
We landed through Coutts, AB on Nov 15th and became Canadian PR. It feels great to have that honor. I was stressing about the landing so much, but it turned out to be the easiest thing of the whole PR process. We spent 5 days in AB and came back to the US where I am currently working. While in AB, we visited Lethbridge, Calgary, Banff, Red Deer and Edmonton. We fell in love with Banff and we liked Edmonton over Calgary. We are planning on moving to Alberta permanently in June/July 2010. I found Alberta to be more expensive than Utah where you can buy 24 bottles of water for $3.99 and it cost us $6.99 in Calgary Safeway. Also we pay $8.99 per person for Chinese dinner buffet in Utah (lunch buffet is only $6.99) and it cost us $12.99 per person in Red Deer. I guess that's the price I have to pay to live in a beautiful and peaceful country.

I would like to thank all of you for taking the time to read my posts and answer them during this journey. I would also like to thank all of you for making me feel like home on this forum.
Congratulations on becoming a PR - hopefully I wont be that far behind
Old Nov 24th 2009, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Officially became a Canadian PR on Nov 15

Originally Posted by Want2Move

Hi want2move
Nice1 on your 'Landing' & all the best for the future

regards
Joinerboy