Official Occupation List

Old Nov 28th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

timu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Official Occupation List

first of all, as an international studnet and current foreign worker, i have lived, studie, and worked in Canada for 6 years.
second of all, now i can apply under 3 categories, FSW,CEC,PNP which to me, it is only a matter of time b4 becoming a landed immigrant.
3rd of all, yes, the occupation list will change for sure but as long as u have 1 year of Canadian experience( studying, working) with the right occuaption falls into NOC 0AB, your application will be processed and finalized with 6-12 months.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 5:27 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timu12
I guess u havent read the ministerial instruction.
As long as a student live and study in canada for 1 year, they can apply either through FSW or CEC and the occupation list has no effects on them whatsoever.
just like in the speech from the throne, International student will become immigration priority for Canada in near future.
No I haven't - just looked at the CIC website. I read this as needing one yrs work experience if you're a student.....
You must meet these minimum requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:

(a) plan to live outside the province of Quebec
(b) be either:
- a temporary foreign worker with at least two years of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada, or
- a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
(c) have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work or study authorization
(d) apply while working in Canada – or – within one year of leaving your job in Canada
Old Nov 28th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

timu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the rough

Immigrant Category 2009 Ranges
Low High
ECONOMIC CLASS
Federal Skilled Workers 68,200 72,000
Quebec-selected Skilled Workers 28,100 29,100
Federal/Quebec Business 11,000 12,000
Live-in Caregivers 8,000 10,000
Provincial/Territorial Nominees 20,000 26,000
Canadian Experience Class[note 3] 5,000 7,500
Total Economic 140,300 156,600
Old Nov 28th 2008, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Yes , having minimun 1 year work experience is critical.
however, the difference is btw CEC and FSW.
For CEC, previous experience b4 graduation wont be recongized. so whoever took an co-op program during period of their study cant be used to apply under CEC.
For FSW, there is no such rescriction, as long as u finish school in canada, and have 1 year of work experiecne (NOC 0AB), u can apply through FSW right away.
plus, can u imagine a student who automatically get a 3 year work permit wont become Permanent Resident? I doubt it!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

ESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant futureESSEXHAMMER has a brilliant future

I am probably going to be the first of many asking a similar question, but i need to get some clarification.

I applied for the SW route with an AOR of August 2007.

My job is not on the new list, so does that mean that my application will sit in the queue for ever and everyone else's is processed over mine.

I know if you appled after Feb 26?? 2008 the process is that you will get you application returned if you are not on the list, but they cant officially do this for the applications prior to this.

I am in the process of putting together my Resume, so i can apply for a job and go the TWP route, however i am now confused if they will process my PR application whilst i am working in Canada on a TWP but in a job that is not on the list.

I am sorry if this is confusing to anyone who reads this, i am just a bit concerned that my plan of entering Canada by the Summer on a TWP is now not possible.

I appreciate all feedback.

Kind regards

Dan
Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ron Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really nice

No, there will be two streams that will be processed in parallel:

1) Applications received prior to February 27, 2008, such as yours, will continue to be processed under the old rules.
2) Applications submitted on or after February 27, 2008 will be processed according to the new criteria.

The figures I have heard are that the mix of applications processed will be a ratio of approximately 70 percent of applications in the backlog i.e. in 1) above and 30 percent of the newer applications in 2) above.

The overall effect will be to slowly process applications like yours until the backlog is cleared - a little more slowly presumably than was the case prior to this announcement, although I have also heard that CHC London will have more staff, so that will help you. As regards applications in 2) it depends how many people apply, but clearly both streams require that enough visas for the year are available at the visa post, so there can be no guarantee that these applications will actually be processed within 12 months.

The Minister also announced overall processing targets today.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

have a job in canada will speed up your applicaiton sitting in a huge queue 100%!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Posidrive
One bizarre ommision from the list is Chemical Engineers. OK, so a number of projects relating to the tar sands are on hold at the moment, but as evidenced by some posts in other forums many Canadian oil companies are having to have all their engineering work done in Aberdeen at the moment because there is such a shortage of chemical engineers in Canada.
They may still be able to apply under NOC 2145 Petroleum Engineers. They'll need to read up on NOC 2145 to ascertain that their work experience falls under what's described in this NOC. They same may apply to mechanical, instrumentation & electrical engineers who have oil and gas experience.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:04 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all

0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers
<burnsmode>Egggcelllleeeennnntttt</burnsmode>
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

this is kinda crazy, i just read the most updated operation manual for FSW. it seems post-feb 27 applicants need to send their application to Sydney Canada to do a pre-screen b4 any further actions. however, it has been 9 months since bill-c 50 took effect. so, how is CIC gonna deal with those application lining up in visa posts worldwide???
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
But if they're that much in demand, presumably they won't have much trouble getting a job offer and PNP or TWP.
Generally true, but in some ways a bit of a chicken and egg situation. Until you get a critical mass of chemical engineers in canada the project work will probably continue to be done elsewhere which really doean't help the Canadian economy
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

this is kinda crazy, i just read the most updated operation manual for FSW. it seems post-feb 27 applicants need to send their application to Sydney Canada to do a pre-screen b4 any further actions. however, it has been 9 months since bill-c 50 took effect. so, how is CIC gonna deal with those application lining up in visa posts worldwide???
Does that mean that Visa offices will send all the post-feb 27 SW applications back to the applicants and ask them to re-send them to Sydney for pre-approval?

I wouldn't like to be in the Sydney office when they all start arriving from across the world, if that's the case! Mind you, that's good news for all those who applied before the end of February.

Last edited by kiton6; Nov 28th 2008 at 9:07 pm. Reason: thoughts
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Ron Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really nice

I believe the intention is not to do that.

Sydney, NS will BECOME the place to which all future FSW are sent.

Sydney will check the application for completeness as per R. 10, and if it is in order will accept the fee, issue a receipt and file number, and send the application off to the appropriate visa post. They will probably also record the NOC(s) used by the applicant for future "data mining" uses.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Matello has a brilliant futureMatello has a brilliant futureMatello has a brilliant futureMatello has a brilliant futureMatello has a brilliant futureMatello has a brilliant futureMatello has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by retsujou
0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers

<burnsmode>Egggcelllleeeennnntttt</burnsmode>
I've heard that Canada is big into offshoring IT work.
I guess that's why they just need managers and not consultants/techies?

I'm an SAP Consultant so it looks like I am not eligible to apply for PR.

Matello
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough

Immigrant Category 2009 Ranges
Low High
ECONOMIC CLASS
Federal Skilled Workers 68,200 72,000
Quebec-selected Skilled Workers 28,100 29,100
Federal/Quebec Business 11,000 12,000
Live-in Caregivers 8,000 10,000
Provincial/Territorial Nominees 20,000 26,000
Canadian Experience Class[note 3] 5,000 7,500
Total Economic 140,300 156,600
Another one knows that what is the quota of new/old Federal Skilled Workers?
Is that issue visa in parallel or issue visa to old Federal Skilled Workers first?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.