Official link for ?

Old Feb 8th 2009, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future
Default Official link for ?

Hi

i'm bad at finding things on the Canadian website but does anybody have links to back up the following ?

1) You have a year to land from the Visa stamp in the Passport

2) After that you can still fly back to the UK if need be while you sort out
things so you have to be in Canada so many years in the next 3 or 4 ?

need a bit of help on number 2 as you can see

i would feel better if i can see this on the official website and it
will aid planning

many thanks

2008orbust
Old Feb 8th 2009, 5:15 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Official link for ?

Hi

Originally Posted by 2008orbust
Hi

i'm bad at finding things on the Canadian website but does anybody have links to back up the following ?

1) You have a year to land from the Visa stamp in the Passport

2) After that you can still fly back to the UK if need be while you sort out
things so you have to be in Canada so many years in the next 3 or 4 ?

need a bit of help on number 2 as you can see

i would feel better if i can see this on the official website and it
will aid planning

many thanks

2008orbust
1. From the Immigration Act

28. (1) A permanent resident must comply with a residency obligation with respect to every five-year period.

Application
(2) The following provisions govern the residency obligation under subsection (1):

(a) a permanent resident complies with the residency obligation with respect to a five-year period if, on each of a total of at least 730 days in that five-year period, they are

(i) physically present in Canada,

(ii) outside Canada accompanying a Canadian citizen who is their spouse or common-law partner or, in the case of a child, their parent,

(iii) outside Canada employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian business or in the federal public administration or the public service of a province,

(iv) outside Canada accompanying a permanent resident who is their spouse or common-law partner or, in the case of a child, their parent and who is employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian business or in the federal public administration or the public service of a province, or

(v) referred to in regulations providing for other means of compliance;

From the regulations

Medical certificate
(4) Every foreign national referred to in subsection (1) who seeks to enter Canada must hold a medical certificate, based on the most recent medical examination to which they were required to submit under that subsection within the previous 12 months, that indicates that their health condition is not likely to be a danger to public health or public safety and, unless subsection 38(2) of the Act applies, is not reasonably expected to cause excessive demand.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

Once I land in Canada (enter Canada using a permanent resident visa) must I remain in Canada to ensure I don't lose my status? If I leave Canada, how will I get my Permanent Resident card?

The standard rule for all permanent residents is as follows: in order to maintain your permanent resident status in Canada, you must reside in Canada for 720 days in every 5 year period. These 720 days do not have to be immediately following landing. Exceptions to this rule include:

- If you are accompanying a Canadian Citizen spouse abroad

- If you are employed by a Canadian company abroad

- In very limited circumstances humanitarian and compassionate reasons are also taken into account

Six to eight weeks after landing in Canada, your Permanent Resident card should be mailed to you at your address in Canada. If you do leave Canada after landing without first obtaining a Permanent Resident card, you must apply at a Canadian Embassy or High Commission for a “Travel Document for Permanent Residents” prior to returning to Canada.

TOP OF PAGE

Once my permanent resident visa is issued, how long will it be valid for?

Permanent resident visas are of varying validity, up to a maximum of one year. One limitation is the maximum one-year validity of the immigration medical exam. If more than one family member is sponsored, the validity date for all will be the same, and could be one year from the date of the first medical exam of any member. The visa will never be valid longer than the passport in which it is placed.

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/f...sident%20card?
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future

PMM

Maybe further down the line - once your there , go for citizenship
and the restrictions dont apply any more ?

thanks for the text