Which office to send PR to?!?

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Kirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant future
Default Which office to send PR to?!?

Hi all,

We originally submitted our first application for PR back in Sept 2009. This was returned with errors. Just got our forms back AGAIN today because apparently we did not state correct processing office for our PR. So frustrating!! Anyway would like some help as to where this should be sent CIC website is not helpful on this matter and from posts here I think the Buffalo office is no longer accepting applications from Canada for PR applications????

We have been in Canada for more than a year and so don't need to send them to London. Where do they need to be sent?

One more quick question does anybody know if they check all forms for errors or just stop when they find something as we don`t want them back a third time

Thanks

Kirsty & John
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of
Default Re: Which office to send PR to?!?

Originally Posted by Kirsty John and Dominic
Hi all,

We originally submitted our first application for PR back in Sept 2009. This was returned with errors. Just got our forms back AGAIN today because apparently we did not state correct processing office for our PR. So frustrating!! Anyway would like some help as to where this should be sent CIC website is not helpful on this matter and from posts here I think the Buffalo office is no longer accepting applications from Canada for PR applications????

We have been in Canada for more than a year and so don't need to send them to London. Where do they need to be sent?

One more quick question does anybody know if they check all forms for errors or just stop when they find something as we don`t want them back a third time

Thanks

Kirsty & John
I went with London over Buffalo it seems to be quicker anyway.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:25 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Kirsty John and Dominic
Hi all,

Thanks

Kirsty & John
1. If you were ADMITTED to Canada for 1 year, you have choice either Buffalo or London. Otherwise London.
2. They probably check for all errors.
3. I really don't know where you get the idea that Buffalo is not accepting applications from Canada.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Kirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant futureKirsty John and Dominic has a brilliant future

There were posts here on the forum that said that they were the last people who sent applications to Buffalo so I thought that the office there was no longer receiving applications. This also seems to be the case according to the CIC website it lists Buffalo as the office to send application to but the details say that this office is responsible for immigration for Bermuda, St. Pierre et Miquelon and United States (this is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/buffalo.asp)

I keep going round in circles on the CIC website so I'm very confused

Thanks for your reply

Kirsty
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

EVAvan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kirsty,

can you clarify what kind of PR visa you're going for? I assume you've been in Canada as a visitor or on some kind of work visa?

London seems to be the fastest option for PR processing for spousal sponsorship at the moment. It doesn't matter if you've been in Canada for a year, you are still eligible to use this route.

I am the most anal person in the world and even when I triple and quadruple checked my application I still found things I had made mistakes with!! I completed the application and payed $300 for a one hour session with an immigration lawyer to check my forms. He pointed out some tiny but vital mistakes - this was the best 300 bucks I could have spent, it will save you time and all that frustration in the long run so I'd thoroughly recommend it.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. If you were ADMITTED to Canada for 1 year, you have choice either Buffalo or London. Otherwise London.
2. They probably check for all errors.
3. I really don't know where you get the idea that Buffalo is not accepting applications from Canada.

This is where I'm confused as well.

We submitted our PR application to Sydney in November 2009 as my better half has a TWP for 2 years and has been in Canada since August 2009. I have a SOWP from the same date and will be joining her at the end of March/beginning of April when the house sale completes.

Our application was sent to Sydney but returned as we forgot to specify which office we requested the application to be processed by, apparently everything else on the forms was fine. They have also requested a letter from my wife's employer to state that they are willing to employ her in a full time position once the TWP has expired. She is in the process of obtaining this.

So to clarify things, which office do we requst the application to be sent to once Sydney are happy that everything is in order?

We can't find a definitive answer on the CIC website.

We would suspect it to be London, but as we are applying from within Canada we are unsure.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 2:12 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Trophy
This is where I'm confused as well.

We submitted our PR application to Sydney in November 2009 as my better half has a TWP for 2 years and has been in Canada since August 2009. I have a SOWP from the same date and will be joining her at the end of March/beginning of April when the house sale completes.

Our application was sent to Sydney but returned as we forgot to specify which office we requested the application to be processed by, apparently everything else on the forms was fine. They have also requested a letter from my wife's employer to state that they are willing to employ her in a full time position once the TWP has expired. She is in the process of obtaining this.

So to clarify things, which office do we requst the application to be sent to once Sydney are happy that everything is in order?

We can't find a definitive answer on the CIC website.

We would suspect it to be London, but as we are applying from within Canada we are unsure.
1. As per my previous post, you have a choice. London or Buffalo as your spouse was ADMITTED to Canada for 1 year.