Off to the High Commision

Old Dec 20th 2004, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

Tweeks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Off to the High Commision

To get some answers on a few bits about my application, stuff like exactly what documents do they need for a common law partner whos not coming (i refuse to believe they need the majority of them simply because we live together). What to do when a company i worked for (as part of the experience) has gone bankrupt and no longer exists (well they do in the USA but i doubt they have the records of the UK staff as it was a seperate legal entity).

The reason i write this thread is as to try and see if anyone else has any questions they are yet to have answered as they are too complex etc. If you want me to put these questions to them then i will do my best (bearing in mind i am gonna have to squeeze this in before work ^^. Let me know and i'll do my best.

This isn't meant as any kind of disrespect to the huge numbers of helpful people on here who have given so much great advice to so many, merely trying to help a few others out myself and not rely on others free time to help me. Hope that sounds right, bottom line is i dont mean to offend anyone and i am truly thankful for all the help and advice i have received. So let me know of any tricky ones that i can put to the kind people at the high commision.
Old Dec 21st 2004, 6:41 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off to the High Commision

Hi

Originally Posted by Tweeks
To get some answers on a few bits about my application, stuff like exactly what documents do they need for a common law partner whos not coming (i refuse to believe they need the majority of them simply because we live together). What to do when a company i worked for (as part of the experience) has gone bankrupt and no longer exists (well they do in the USA but i doubt they have the records of the UK staff as it was a seperate legal entity).

The reason i write this thread is as to try and see if anyone else has any questions they are yet to have answered as they are too complex etc. If you want me to put these questions to them then i will do my best (bearing in mind i am gonna have to squeeze this in before work ^^. Let me know and i'll do my best.

This isn't meant as any kind of disrespect to the huge numbers of helpful people on here who have given so much great advice to so many, merely trying to help a few others out myself and not rely on others free time to help me. Hope that sounds right, bottom line is i dont mean to offend anyone and i am truly thankful for all the help and advice i have received. So let me know of any tricky ones that i can put to the kind people at the high commision.
Good luck! It is unlikely that you will get past the receptionist, but you never can tell.

PMM
Old Dec 21st 2004, 8:16 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

You'll probably be allowed upstairs, but that's about it, I think. But good luck!

If the same two women are there, try to get the pretty one for whom English is her first language, rather than the French one - she was the more helpful when I went there two or three times.
Old Dec 21st 2004, 8:17 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Oh, and be prepared to queue!