October 2005 meds

Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:19 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold
Default October 2005 meds

I have a question I have to get off my chest that perhaps others in the same position as us have been thinking.

We took our medicals back in October last year and forwarded the other requested info to the CHC. We have not heard from them since.

The thing is I have noticed on this and other forums that people that had their med requests in December / January have been getting their passport requests before all of us, who took meds in September / October last year!! Congratulations to those who have had their PPR but it seems like their files must have been placed on top of ours

If it was just us having to wait this long then I could understand but there are a number of us on this forum in the same position.

Anyway any replies are welcome.

Regards Steve
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:15 am
Just Joined

optimas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: October 2005 meds

Same for me.
I did medical in Nov 2005, nothing since then.
I was told the BG check is ongoing though....
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

simon_healy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve & Tanya;

We are in exactly the same boat. Did our meds on Oct 6th. Sent all additional info on the 20th of Oct. and haven't heard a thing since!!
I am delighted for those lucky few who have received their PPR's after doing their Meds in January, but I am beginning to get worried about what is happening to our applications.
I have raised a question before about chronological order in the application process, and when you read those PR SW applicants getting PPR's well after you have completed your meds, I think it just shows that the whole process is completely flawed, and it's the officer processing your application that it depends on.

I hope all Oct 05 meds hear something soon.....
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:57 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

What makes matters worse is that we put our house on the market in response to our med requests which is now 7 or 8 weeks from completion!

We felt our house would be on the market after we got our PPR due to the slow market, downstairs bathroom only and no off road parking, it's great that we have sold it but surely we should have had our PPR by now.

We are begining to wonder if the October, November med results have gone missing!!!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

stainedglasslady is on a distinguished road

Hi, did our meds on 1st September and still nothing :scared:

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
I have a question I have to get off my chest that perhaps others in the same position as us have been thinking.

We took our medicals back in October last year and forwarded the other requested info to the CHC. We have not heard from them since.

The thing is I have noticed on this and other forums that people that had their med requests in December / January have been getting their passport requests before all of us, who took meds in September / October last year!! Congratulations to those who have had their PPR but it seems like their files must have been placed on top of ours

If it was just us having to wait this long then I could understand but there are a number of us on this forum in the same position.

Regards Steve
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough

Regards Steve
My medical was Oct 2005 and I got my visa Jan 16th 2006. If you are not alone I wouldn't panic.

Good luck!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:57 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Originally Posted by stainedglasslady
Hi, did our meds on 1st September and still nothing :scared:
WOW that really sucks.

As Steve said we are very happy for those who have received PPR after having their meds recently, but it only adds to the frustration we are feeling

Our life is completely on hold at the mo, we would love to give the couple buying our house a completion date and get our flights booked, but we are unable to do this. We are both completely fed up with our jobs and are counting the days until we can hand our notice in and actually start "living" again.

Sorry had to have my rant too

Fingers crossed for all out there waiting for PPR
Best wishes T
Old Feb 6th 2006, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

simon_healy is an unknown quantity at this point

What makes matters worse is that we put our house on the market in response to our med requests which is now 7 or 8 weeks from completion!

We felt our house would be on the market after we got our PPR due to the slow market, downstairs bathroom only and no off road parking, it's great that we have sold it but surely we should have had our PPR by now.

We are begining to wonder if the October, November med results have gone missing!!!!!!
We sold our house last year and bought one in Edmonton in anticipation of moving before Xmas (as per timeline guide on the AOR Card!). House is ready for the last 6 months. We went over last June/ July, have the place semi furnished and bought a car as well!
We both have absolutly no enthusiasm in work any more, just as much as they know we are moving, and cannot wait to hand in our resignations(I have had mine typed for nearly 12 months now - just waiting to print the damn thing off!)

Keeping our fingers crossed for all of us unfortunates - lets hope we hear something soon.........
Old Feb 6th 2006, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

WOW that really sucks.

As Steve said we are very happy for those who have received PPR after having their meds recently, but it only adds to the frustration we are feeling

Our life is completely on hold at the mo, we would love to give the couple buying our house a completion date and get our flights booked, but we are unable to do this. We are both completely fed up with our jobs and are counting the days until we can hand our notice in and actually start "living" again.

Sorry had to have my rant too

Fingers crossed for all out there waiting for PPR
Best wishes T
Where did you have your medicals done, if you dont mind me asking? and rough price paid. did you have to wait long for an appointment?

Thanks
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Our meds were done in September and we got out passport request at the end of Dec. However, this was after emailing CHC to find out what the delay was. It turned out they had lost one set of meds. So we got the DMP to resend them. It might be worth an email to let them know you still waiting - at least if something has gone astray, you can get on with fixing it. They are not very proactive, and the letter they sent out asking for the missing info took ages to get to us.

Good luck. Hope it doesn't take too long.

SAW 04

Regards Steve
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Kuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant futureKuljit has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by simon_healy
We sold our house last year and bought one in Edmonton in anticipation of moving before Xmas (as per timeline guide on the AOR Card!). House is ready for the last 6 months. We went over last June/ July, have the place semi furnished and bought a car as well!
We both have absolutly no enthusiasm in work any more, just as much as they know we are moving, and cannot wait to hand in our resignations(I have had mine typed for nearly 12 months now - just waiting to print the damn thing off!)

Keeping our fingers crossed for all of us unfortunates - lets hope we hear something soon.........
Hi, we had medicals on 27th October and have not heard anything since. we put the flat on the market 2 weeks ago thinking it would take time to sell but we accepted an offer two days later! i also have very little enthusiasm for work and also typed up my resignation letter today but had to save it and not print.
i just don't know if i can cope with the wait any more.

Kuljit
Old Feb 6th 2006, 11:22 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear things are taking so long for you guys...
I had my meds done in October, and have been in Canada for 6 weeks now... No idea why yours are taking so long, but I'd definitely send off an email to ask!
Good luck!

Regards Steve
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Mike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant future

We are in the same position..........

I think we may be paying the price for having to send further docs to be looked over (other that new police checks), that's what I keep telling myself anyway.........

Hopefully it won't be too much longer.....

Cheers,

Mike

Regards Steve
Old Feb 6th 2006, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Mike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant future

.........forgot to say, I emailed them to confirm they had all the stuff we sent and they got back in 1 day, saying they had and we would hear from them shortly.

Originally Posted by Mike1967
We are in the same position..........

I think we may be paying the price for having to send further docs to be looked over (other that new police checks), that's what I keep telling myself anyway.........

Hopefully it won't be too much longer.....

Cheers,

Mike
Old Feb 7th 2006, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

brit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mike1967
.........forgot to say, I emailed them to confirm they had all the stuff we sent and they got back in 1 day, saying they had and we would hear from them shortly.
Hi Guys,

I took my meds a little after you guys(Nov 9th 2005) and have heard nothing since. CHC recieved the medicals and other docs on the 21st Nov 2005, so I am still within the 2 - 3 month waiting period they advise on the medical request letter.

What is the email address you used to contact CHC London?

Regards and good luck,

Michael

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.