Obtaining a visa

Old Apr 21st 2022, 10:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obtaining a visa

Originally Posted by CFoster26
Ok thanks.
No probs. This Wiki page is a good place to start - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick...an_Immigration

Once you've heard back from the employer and know if they're prepared to apply for the LMIA for you, that should help. If they are, then if you're happy with the location, that might be the way to go as it will get you over there sooner and in all honesty, finding a job offer from a sponsoring employer that quickly is incredibly lucky (people on the forum have tried for years without success!), so you might not want to give that up.

Or if you'd rather move with the security of having PR already and without needing a job offer, then from what you've said. it would have to be the Manitoba PNP. So that depends on if you're happy living in Manitoba I guess.

Good luck and just shout if you've got any other questions, somebody will always try and help.
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

CFoster26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No probs. This Wiki page is a good place to start - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick...an_Immigration

Once you've heard back from the employer and know if they're prepared to apply for the LMIA for you, that should help. If they are, then if you're happy with the location, that might be the way to go as it will get you over there sooner and in all honesty, finding a job offer from a sponsoring employer that quickly is incredibly lucky (people on the forum have tried for years without success!), so you might not want to give that up.

Or if you'd rather move with the security of having PR already and without needing a job offer, then from what you've said. it would have to be the Manitoba PNP. So that depends on if you're happy living in Manitoba I guess.

Good luck and just shout if you've got any other questions, somebody will always try and help.
the employer messaged me back after I sent him the link to the LMIA thing and said he has already been speaking to someone he knows who has experience in employing foreign workers and there might also be some incentives we can take advantage of so he sounds keen!
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 9:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

the employer messaged me back after I sent him the link to the LMIA thing and said he has already been speaking to someone he knows who has experience in employing foreign workers and there might also be some incentives we can take advantage of so he sounds keen!
Fab. So I guess the only question now is are you happy to go on a temp visa to start with, and are you happy with the location of the job. Where is it? Slightly concerns me that if it's been advertised for a year with no takers it's somewhere not great!
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Fab. So I guess the only question now is are you happy to go on a temp visa to start with, and are you happy with the location of the job. Where is it? Slightly concerns me that if it's been advertised for a year with no takers it's somewhere not great!
It’s a management role rather than just a standard employee. It’s not in the best area he admitted that himself but we will be visiting in June to have a look at it all. My cousin lived in that area for a while
so although not the best it isn’t the worst!

He has said he would be prepared to wait for us after meeting with us on zoom yesterday, both of us are ideal he said! So we would wait for PR through express entry ! Just need to book in that English test!!
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 10:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

It’s a management role rather than just a standard employee. It’s not in the best area he admitted that himself but we will be visiting in June to have a look at it all. My cousin lived in that area for a while
so although not the best it isn’t the worst!

He has said he would be prepared to wait for us after meeting with us on zoom yesterday, both of us are ideal he said! So we would wait for PR through express entry ! Just need to book in that English test!!
Ah that's fab that he'll wait but I guess if he's already waited one year, what's another one?!

Again, where is the job? I'm not asking to just be nosy, I'm asking because there may be other visa options you can look at depending on that info, including some that would get you a work permit whilst you wait for PR, so you'd be able to go sooner but also know you have a PR application underway.
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Ah that's fab that he'll wait but I guess if he's already waited one year, what's another one?!

Again, where is the job? I'm not asking to just be nosy, I'm asking because there may be other visa options you can look at depending on that info, including some that would get you a work permit whilst you wait for PR, so you'd be able to go sooner but also know you have a PR application underway.
its in Winnipeg
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 10:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

its in Winnipeg
Ah, ok, that's all right then - I was expecting the back end of beyond in the Yukon or similar! So you could look at the Manitoba PNP then as well, but an Express Entry stream instead of the paper based stream mentioned above. That would then give you the extra 600 points for EE once nominated and you'd get a work permit to go over and start work too (no LMIA needed).

https://immigratemanitoba.com/immigr...renewed-swo/#1

The NOC code for Funeral Directors isn't one of the eligible occupations, however there are other management roles that might fit, depending on what you'll be doing. So that's worth looking at as well.
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Ah, ok, that's all right then - I was expecting the back end of beyond in the Yukon or similar! So you could look at the Manitoba PNP then as well, but an Express Entry stream instead of the paper based stream mentioned above. That would then give you the extra 600 points for EE once nominated and you'd get a work permit to go over and start work too (no LMIA needed).

https://immigratemanitoba.com/immigr...renewed-swo/#1

The NOC code for Funeral Directors isn't one of the eligible occupations, however there are other management roles that might fit, depending on what you'll be doing. So that's worth looking at as well.

maybe, but the FD code is B which is on the list ?
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 11:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

maybe, but the FD code is B which is on the list ?
That's the Skill Level, not the code (code for FD is in my post above, 6346).

And that isn't on the list of occupations in demand in the link, but there are other NOC codes that might work and you might be happy to apply under.
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

And that isn't on the list of occupations in demand in the link, but there are other NOC codes that might work and you might be happy to apply under.
Oh ok! Well English test booked and I guess I go from there!!
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

another question, I have an 18 year old step son who potentially would want to come too. Would he qualify under me as he is over 18 and not my actual son?
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 11:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Oh ok! Well English test booked and I guess I go from there!!
If you've decided to go down the EE route then yes, you'll need to book it (for both of you I would suggest, to get extra points).

If you are applying via EE then the first things to do would be to apply for the ECA (as that can take months depending on the provider and backlog - and again, for both of you for extra points) and get the employer to get cracking with the LMIA. The English exam is usually pretty quick in comparison to those two things so that can wait a little bit.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 22nd 2022 at 11:39 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 11:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

another question, I have an 18 year old step son who potentially would want to come too. Would he qualify under me as he is over 18 and not my actual son?
Yep. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-children.html

One other question for you, another personal one I know, but how old are you? Just wondering if you'll lose points any time soon due to having a birthday.
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

If you've decided to go down the EE route then yes, you'll need to book it (for both of you I would suggest, to get extra points).

If you are applying via EE then the first things to do would be to apply for the ECA (as that can take months depending on the provider and backlog - and again, for both of you for extra points) and get the employer to get cracking with the LMIA. The English exam is usually pretty quick in comparison to those two things so that can wait a little bit.

Good luck.
got my exam booked for 21st May.
Need to find one of my certificates to upload for that.
and I’m 32 not 33 until Oct
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 12:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

got my exam booked for 21st May.
Need to find one of my certificates to upload for that.
and I’m 32 not 33 until Oct
OK, so you'll lose points in October, that will drop you down to 468 so will be borderline. There's a slim chance you'll already have had an ITA by then, but only if they start the program up again fairly soon (as mentioned above, it's been paused since Dec 2020 and when it restarts the points threshold is likely to be higher for a while). Did you include your husband's education and English ability when you took the points test?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.