Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Obtaining new work permit with letter of support

Obtaining new work permit with letter of support

Old May 31st 2012, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future
Default Obtaining new work permit with letter of support

Hi everyone, my OH has just received his letter of support from MPNP to apply for a new work permit for a new employer - we were recently accepted for MPNP under employer driven stream, was wondering what happens once we submit the online application for new permit, is his current permit cancelled from the date of submission online of the new one and if that's the case does it mean he can't give his current employer sufficient notice to terminate. He's afraid to give notice until he has the permit cos obviously we don't want to wreck our chances of staying here and finally getting permanent residency, anyone else familiar with how it will work? Thanks
Old May 31st 2012, 2:27 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obtaining new work permit with letter of support

Originally Posted by DoyleLinda
Hi everyone, my OH has just received his letter of support from MPNP to apply for a new work permit for a new employer - we were recently accepted for MPNP under employer driven stream, was wondering what happens once we submit the online application for new permit, is his current permit cancelled from the date of submission online of the new one and if that's the case does it mean he can't give his current employer sufficient notice to terminate. He's afraid to give notice until he has the permit cos obviously we don't want to wreck our chances of staying here and finally getting permanent residency, anyone else familiar with how it will work? Thanks
Can you not drive to the border to activate the new one once you are ready to do so?
Old May 31st 2012, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Pnp people said no it has to be done thru Vic website
Old May 31st 2012, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Cic website
Old May 31st 2012, 4:06 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't
Old May 31st 2012, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

I wish they would give the correct info then cos we asked if we could go to the border and she said no we have to apply online. I thought they knew their stuff so obviously didn't want to take it on myself to drive there and be refused re-entry perhaps
Old May 31st 2012, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by DoyleLinda
I wish they would give the correct info then cos we asked if we could go to the border and she said no we have to apply online. I thought they knew their stuff so obviously didn't want to take it on myself to drive there and be refused re-entry perhaps
You can do it - I have personally done it with a letter of support from a Provincial Nomination but maybe give the CIC Call Centre a call to calm your nerves?
Old May 31st 2012, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ok maybe I should do that but will cic answer the phone