NVQ level 3 gas installation

Old Sep 16th 2019, 9:35 am
Just Joined

davidg193 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation NVQ level 3 gas installation

Hi, i am currently trying to process EE under trades workers and seem to be going round in the same circles and not getting anywhere, i have 16 years experience in the uk and have held my gas safe/ex corgi registration since 2005. i work for British Gas and have been doing service and repair work for them so have previous experience. i am looking at Alberta and having been to the alberta my trades secrets account trying to get confirmation from them that the experience is accepted before following the EE application it says i need an employer letter to confirm experience from an Alberta employee.
We had planned to sell our house and move over and then job hunt etc and will be applying with my wife with our 2 kids. (3 and 5)
I am 33 years old so age seems ok but when you fill out the points without province confirmation of trade it seems as if there will be little chance of us getting out the pool.
Any help would be great.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 9:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NVQ level 3 gas installation

Originally Posted by davidg193
Hi, i am currently trying to process EE under trades workers and seem to be going round in the same circles and not getting anywhere, i have 16 years experience in the uk and have held my gas safe/ex corgi registration since 2005. i work for British Gas and have been doing service and repair work for them so have previous experience. i am looking at Alberta and having been to the alberta my trades secrets account trying to get confirmation from them that the experience is accepted before following the EE application it says i need an employer letter to confirm experience from an Alberta employee.
We had planned to sell our house and move over and then job hunt etc and will be applying with my wife with our 2 kids. (3 and 5)
I am 33 years old so age seems ok but when you fill out the points without province confirmation of trade it seems as if there will be little chance of us getting out the pool.
Any help would be great.
You're not eligible to apply under FST without either a valid job offer, or provincial certification, one of those is mandatory to qualify for the program.

So if you don't have a job offer, you will need to get provincially certified, and then apply once you have that. You don't need Canadian experience though, your UK experience will be just fine, but you just have to jump through the hoops to get certified.

HTH, best of luck.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply. that was what i thought would be the case. i have been on the trades secrets website and filled out my profile etc to get my gas certification and experience recognised but its $450 via this route and I'm not entirely sure that this is where i need to be anyway so stopped my application before paying for it.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 10:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply. that was what i thought would be the case. i have been on the trades secrets website and filled out my profile etc to get my gas certification and experience recognised but its $450 via this route and I'm not entirely sure that this is where i need to be anyway so stopped my application before paying for it.
Yes that's right, if you follow the link on this page it takes you to the right place - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...html#provinces

$450 isn't great, but it's a drop in the ocean when emigrating, so unfortunately a necessary cost!

HTH.
Old Sep 16th 2019, 10:24 am
Just Joined

perfect. thanks, didn't want to apply if this was completely wrong and not of any use in the end anyway!
Old Sep 16th 2019, 10:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

perfect. thanks, didn't want to apply if this was completely wrong and not of any use in the end anyway!
According to the link above it's correct, but if you have any doubt at all just give them a call.

Good luck!
Old Sep 17th 2019, 3:19 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/expe...u-should-know/

This would be for your Certificate of Qualification (CoQ) - which you would need to have to work in that trade in Alberta (each Province has their own CoQ although you can sit a test to obtain a Red Seal Endorsement to the CoQ allowing you to work in any Province. Gas fitter is a regulated trade. You won't get your current qualification recognised for CoQ purposes (though you might be able to get ECA points for an NVQ3) - what you will; need to do is prove your work experience (you will need around 9000 hours) and 'challenge' the Provincial apprenticeship scheme. You may also need to sit an exam..
Qualification Certificate - Based on Work Experience
If you are an experienced tradesperson who does not hold a trade credential, or who holds a trade credential that is not recognized in Alberta, you may apply to have your skills, knowledge, and experience assessed against the standards for certification in an Alberta-designated trade. You can earn your certificate if you:

have the required time of hands-on work in the trade,
pass a theory exam, and
successfully complete a competency assessment.
With regards to the endorsement letter - it says "If you are applying from outside of Alberta and do not have an EDL, click “No”."

Once you have your CoQ you will get extra points for the Express Entry (Trades) application
Be aware there are 2 separate Gasfitter types in Alberta
https://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/trad...profiles/0081/
https://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/trad...profiles/0082/

So this would be step 1 - then you would put in your application to FSW Express Entry Trades - have you checked how many points you would have on the CRS calculator? Before you pay out for the CoQ I'd suggest seeing if you are likely to have enough points to get an invitation from the pool. For the CRS calculator 'assume' you have your CoQ etc.
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ed-trades.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 17th 2019 at 3:49 am.