NURSE NOC Cap reached in 19 days

Old Mar 17th 2012, 8:38 am
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of
Default NURSE NOC Cap reached in 19 days

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...ce-changes.asp

Came across this today and it seems to indicate that the Nurse NOC 3152 filled up and reached the cap in just 19 days. It would seem that CIC must operate a registry for the applications and that they place them in strict order of receipt and that the register of applications is updated as and when the documentation is forwarded to the Visa office.

I only draw attention to this as NOC 3152 seemed to have vacancies up to Mid September according to the website and records that I kept, I know some like Chris and alcat are looking to apply if NOC 3152 is listed as one of the skilled catagories. So get it in early! fletch

Please do not move this to the nursing forum, it is predominately Oz biased, thanks.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NURSE NOC Cap reached in 19 days

Who knows if nursing will be on the list when it comes out later this year
Old Mar 17th 2012, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by fletcher m
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...ce-changes.asp

Came across this today and it seems to indicate that the Nurse NOC 3152 filled up and reached the cap in just 19 days. It would seem that CIC must operate a registry for the applications and that they place them in strict order of receipt and that the register of applications is updated as and when the documentation is forwarded to the Visa office.

I only draw attention to this as NOC 3152 seemed to have vacancies up to Mid September according to the website and records that I kept, I know some like Chris and alcat are looking to apply if NOC 3152 is listed as one of the skilled catagories. So get it in early! fletch

Please do not move this to the nursing forum, it is predominately Oz biased, thanks.
Interesting info mate, good find.
You're right too, the list we saw on the cic website before we sent our application in stated only 350 odd...
Could've saved us a helluva lot of stress!

Another bit of confirmation the communication side of cic has to improve...
Old Mar 17th 2012, 11:16 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by alcat2010
Interesting info mate, good find.
You're right too, the list we saw on the cic website before we sent our application in stated only 350 odd...
Could've saved us a helluva lot of stress!

Another bit of confirmation the communication side of cic has to improve...

And just how would CIC know that the cap is filled until they get to the 500th one in the stack?
Old Mar 17th 2012, 11:36 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

And just how would CIC know that the cap is filled until they get to the 500th one in the stack?
By looking at the date it was received....
Old Mar 18th 2012, 12:34 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

By looking at the date it was received....

By the time the 500th one is opened and assessed, it is about 3 months after it is received.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Maybe Ive misunderstood the original post / link.
But if the nurse cap really was filled in 19days.. then they must have got to the 500th?.. and so they knew this..

Which means the info on the website that my wife and i were looking at prior to sending our app in, was incorrect and misleading... i.e. bad communications..
We sent in our app last year, recieved on 14th august I think... and the website stated the cap was not yet reached.
If it was updated then we wouldnt have wasted our time sending it in.

This info on the nurse cap kinda confirms to me why weve made the right decision with regards to pinning our hopes on emigrating..
Old Mar 18th 2012, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

they dont know when they recieved the 500th until they have processed it. they have a big pile of applications and dont know what noc they are until they process them, they process 499 and then look at the date the 500tn one arrived and then thats how long it took to fill.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 12:05 pm
Banned

Any reasonable (please don't point out what reasonable and CIC have in common) organisation registeres all mail received on the day it arrives, perhaps at worse case they only date stamp it. When they get to the 500th for a particular NOC, they look at the date stamp on the 500th and bingo, you have the date - 19th July. That's my best guess, and the link clearly states that the NOC capped out on 19 July. In the absence of anyone coming forward that submitted their application after 19 Jul and being PER, I read this that the cap was full 19 Jul. We have evidence that those submitting post this date and with the site indicating that the NOC was not yet full, then their cases coming back 10 weeks later saying NOC full. (Mrs fletch and Alcat being cases of this)

Perhaps Jim Humphries could throw some light on this? Did he work at CIC or at the Consulate/Embassy?
Old Mar 18th 2012, 2:32 pm
Banned

OK, I started this thread to help those folk that are considering apply in the comming July, in the hopethat they understand that they will have to be quick else it will be full if it appears on the list. . I hope it has. Goodluck everyone, my last entry on this thread.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Who knows if nursing will be on the list when it comes out later this year
I'll be amazed if it isn't. There's a global shortage of nurses (including in Canada) and Canada needs to compete for them.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 6:01 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the problem with that analysis. They receive lots of mail daily in all categories. They open it in the File Registry where it is handled by clerical staff and so not checked except for category, and that payment is included. A file is created and sent off to a screener who as PMM says probably gets to it about 3 months after it is received. At that time it gets into the Global File system (called GCMS) and "counted" against the quota and any necessary action is taken. In this case the system is not working well given the level of interest and applications received. Always remember that staffing is set to what is needed to meet post targets rather than the number of applications received or on file. I am sure they will be thinking about this delay in notification but have not yet found a solution.

Any reasonable (please don't point out what reasonable and CIC have in common) organisation registeres all mail received on the day it arrives, perhaps at worse case they only date stamp it. When they get to the 500th for a particular NOC, they look at the date stamp on the 500th and bingo, you have the date - 19th July. That's my best guess, and the link clearly states that the NOC capped out on 19 July. In the absence of anyone coming forward that submitted their application after 19 Jul and being PER, I read this that the cap was full 19 Jul. We have evidence that those submitting post this date and with the site indicating that the NOC was not yet full, then their cases coming back 10 weeks later saying NOC full. (Mrs fletch and Alcat being cases of this)

Perhaps Jim Humphries could throw some light on this? Did he work at CIC or at the Consulate/Embassy?
Old Mar 18th 2012, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
I'll be amazed if it isn't. There's a global shortage of nurses (including in Canada) and Canada needs to compete for them.
Who says there is a global shortage? I have seen many posts of Canadian nurses struggling to find work, same for the US and nurses was taken off the Schedule A for the US list back in 2007 and nurses like many others looking at the US are waiting anything from 6 years. Nurses in many other countries are struggling like UK nurses losing jobs due to restructure or not being replaced when someone leaves

Last edited by Silverdragon102; Mar 18th 2012 at 9:33 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 11:06 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Who says there is a global shortage? I have seen many posts of Canadian nurses struggling to find work, same for the US and nurses was taken off the Schedule A for the US list back in 2007 and nurses like many others looking at the US are waiting anything from 6 years. Nurses in many other countries are struggling like UK nurses losing jobs due to restructure or not being replaced when someone leaves
Well, 500 was not a big number quota for nurses so perhaps you are right. My guess is that there will be a similar sized quota announced in July. But that is just a guess only.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

IIRC the number was 160000 nurses required over the next 5 years and a huge number of doctors, i will dig up the article to check.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.