Wikiposts

November 04 AOR, just got PPR

Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:17 pm

Rand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default November 04 AOR, just got PPR

Hello All

Its been a while since i last posted but i thought I would pass on some info to those who may have applied at or about the same time as me.

We had our passport request yesterday, Long waite but well worth it.

Regards

Rand
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of
Default Re: November 04 AOR, just got PPR

Originally Posted by Rand
Hello All

Its been a while since i last posted but i thought I would pass on some info to those who may have applied at or about the same time as me.

Regards

Rand
Hi There,

Just wanted to say a big well done and congrats for getting to the end of a long, drawn out process.

We have a December 04 AOR and sent our meds away 3 weeks ago so hopefully we wont be to far behind you.

Just out of interest when did you hve your meds done?

Once again well done, now the real work begins!!!!!!

Julie
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by thedignans
Hi There,

Just wanted to say a big well done and congrats for getting to the end of a long, drawn out process.

We have a December 04 AOR and sent our meds away 3 weeks ago so hopefully we wont be to far behind you.

Just out of interest when did you hve your meds done?

Once again well done, now the real work begins!!!!!!

Julie
Hi Julie

We had our medicals on the 10th April 2007, I've just updated my signiture so you / anyone interested can have a look at our timeline.

Rand
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of

Hi Julie

We had our medicals on the 10th April 2007, I've just updated my signiture so you / anyone interested can have a look at our timeline.

Rand
Hi Rand,

God thats a long time you waited, from meds to PPR eh. Any idea as to why it took so long?

Sorry if I sound nosey but with similar timelines I am just interested as to when I think I should expect mine.

Thanks Julie
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by thedignans
Hi Rand,

God thats a long time you waited, from meds to PPR eh. Any idea as to why it took so long?

Sorry if I sound nosey but with similar timelines I am just interested as to when I think I should expect mine.

Thanks Julie
Julie

I have no idea why the delay, but now I have the PPR I'm just looking forward to moving on. I was getting worried as many on the forum were intermating they had PPR a lot faster than we did.

But As we never heard anything negative i can only assume it was maybe down to security checks and volume of applications.

I did receive a email from CHC London telling me it would maybe take till late August to get to the PPR stage.

As I say, i'm just happy now we have it and look forwards to moving on, at last.

Rand
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Julie

I have no idea why the delay, but now I have the PPR I'm just looking forward to moving on. I was getting worried as many on the forum were intermating they had PPR a lot faster than we did.

But As we never heard anything negative i can only assume it was maybe down to security checks and volume of applications.

I did receive a email from CHC London telling me it would maybe take till late August to get to the PPR stage.

As I say, i'm just happy now we have it and look forwards to moving on, at last.

Rand
Cheers Rand,

And the very best of luck for you and your family.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed we don't have the same delay. The wait is long enough and just when you think you have reached the end of the process you get held up again.

I just can't wait until my life begins agains after being on hold for almost 3 years.

Take care and once again well done and good luck with your new life.

Julie
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

I can't believe that it's taken so long for you, however, you are nearly there now and much closer to moving out there - congratulations.

Zoe M. x
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

claredobson is on a distinguished road

Hello All

Regards

Rand
Hi,

That's great news for you!
I am just curious did you contact the CIC about the long wait?

We got out 90 day letter back in Dec 2006 and we arrived in Canada in Feb on a WP and we haven't heard anything since the 90 day letter. I am concerned as other AOR after us have been for medicals etc when we have not heard a peep.

Clare
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by claredobson
Hi,

That's great news for you!
I am just curious did you contact the CIC about the long wait?

We got out 90 day letter back in Dec 2006 and we arrived in Canada in Feb on a WP and we haven't heard anything since the 90 day letter. I am concerned as other AOR after us have been for medicals etc when we have not heard a peep.

Clare
Hi,

I contacted CIC about 2 months after I knew they had the medical results, they replied to my email withing a few days and advised I should have my visa subject to security checks some time in Aug / Sept. I then sent them an email on the 17th Sept. asking if they had sent me a PPR as I had not recieved it and was worried it may have been lost in the post.

I never recieved a reply to the email via email, but i received a letter yesterday asking for passports, more photos and another update form.

I dont know why the delays but its virtually all over now, we will land in Canada during the easter holidays next year, come back and make the move in the summer 2008.

Rand

Last edited by Rand; Sep 27th 2007 at 12:12 am.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Fight or Flight will become famous soon enough

congratulations to you now the work begins to tie up everything before leaving, we I think are one of the last ones still waiting from that time to hopefully get passport requests, having applied in Aug 04 I am more that a little jealous but good luck in your new life!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by Fight or Flight
congratulations to you now the work begins to tie up everything before leaving, we I think are one of the last ones still waiting from that time to hopefully get passport requests, having applied in Aug 04 I am more that a little jealous but good luck in your new life!
Thanks,

I'm sure your time will come soon. If we had the goahead before the school year started we would have moved asap, so although its great news, we have to waite another 10 months before we can move.

I dont want to mess my kids about with schooling, but now we have the PPR im not going to complain. Especially after almost 3 years of waiting.

Rand
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

claredobson is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I contacted CIC about 2 months after I knew they had the medical results, they replied to my email withing a few days and advised I should have my visa subject to security checks some time in Aug / Sept. I then sent them an email on the 17th Sept. asking if they had sent me a PPR as I had not recieved it and was worried it may have been lost in the post.

I never recieved a reply to the email via email, but i received a letter yesterday asking for passports, more photos and another update form.

I dont know why the delays but its virtually all over now, we will land in Canada during the easter holidays next year, come back and make the move in the summer 2008.

Rand
Thanks for the reply.
We haven't had medical requests yet and have emailed several weeks ago and wrote a letter too, with no replies so far, so we are worried that things might have got lost with us moving over here.

Oh well I guess things will move eventually, so much for being fasttracked when you get a WP!

Good luck for next year
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Well done on getting PPR.

We were Jan 05 AOR which just goes to show that there is no way of predicting how, what, when & why, EH?

Simon & Laura
Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Katsi is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Congratulations Rand!

We also received our PPR the other day. Here is our timeline for those who may be interested.

AOR November 04, additional info requested Jan 2007, medicals requested apr 07 - which we delayed due to the imminent birth of our daughter, medicals taken 15th Aug, PPR 24th Sept.

All the best for the move Rand.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Rand & Katsi, best of luck with your new lives in Canada !!!

Tina