Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia - Temporary Work Permit available for dependents

Nova Scotia - Temporary Work Permit available for dependents

Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:42 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nova Scotia - Temporary Work Permit available for dependents

HELP! I swear I read/heard a few weeks/months ago that dependent children of people working in NS on TWP's were now able to get TWP's as well - on the back of the parent's TWP.

I have searched and searched and can find nothing to back me up and confirm I didn't just dream it. Did anyone else see this or know where I can find more info on it?

Ta
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:47 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nova Scotia - Temporary Work Permit available for dependents

is this it?? although relates to AB and ON only?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...work-faq09.asp
Old Jul 25th 2011, 9:16 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
is this it?? although relates to AB and ON only?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...work-faq09.asp
It is like that - but relates to NS - I fear it only relates to people who receive WP's through NSNP nominations but I am not 100% sure and I can't find the answer and no one will talk to me about it! It's like a big secret...or I did just dream it!
Old Jul 25th 2011, 9:49 am

here we go:

Temporary foreign workers
Temporary foreign workers are international workers who are in the province for specific time periods. Many would like to stay and build a life in Nova Scotia, and they often have the skills, language ability, and employer connections to do so.

With the following initiatives, we will encourage temporary foreign workers to
make the transition to permanent new Nova Scotians.

• A new federal-provincial agreement will allow the spouse and dependent
children of a temporary foreign worker to work in Nova Scotia. This simple
change will make Nova Scotia a more attractive destination for temporary
foreign workers, and it will also help families join our communities more
fully—improving the likelihood that they will choose to stay.

• We will introduce protections for temporary foreign workers to prevent
recruiters from charging fees for … nding a job for the worker. This will be
supported by awareness-raising e orts to make sure that temporary foreign
workers in Nova Scotia know their rights and will not be exploited.