Nova Scotia PNP

Old Oct 16th 2011, 1:33 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nova Scotia PNP

Originally Posted by didnotbother
Just reading through this post, I'm not planning on emmigrating to Canada but I'm going to be nosey. As a matter of interest and no offence intended to you, but I didn't know that you could look for potential employment in Canada without a work permit. I lived and worked out in Canada back in the 80s and 90s on a temporary work permit, but I didn't like living there so I came back. The firm I worked at sorted out the permit for me and kept on extending it, till I was told I could apply for permanent residence which I didn't bother with.

Folk who are interested in moving out to Canada have asked me how I got out there, and I just tell them it was all laid on for me. But I did have friends come out and visit me back then, and look for work, then return home and apply for a permit. Then when the High Commission asked them how they got the job offer, they said they had looked for it whilst visiting Canada, and were informed they were commiting an immigration offence whilst looking for work and were knocked back. So have they changed the rules?
The NS PNP Community identified stream is a specific route to obtain permanent residency without being directly linked to a job offer.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 11:54 am
Just Joined

didnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to behold

So in other words you can live there even if you don't have a job? I have heard there's not much work in Canada, especially in that part of the country anyway so its just as well I suppose. Its amazing how the PNP class differs from the FSW class. How much money do you have to have with you when you land at the port of entry with the PNP class? Anyone know?

Again I'm not trying to offend anyone but I suppose if you like hunting and fishing you won't starve too much . But the thought of living somewhere where there's no job would make me nervous and worry me, more so if I had a young family. At least in the UK there's the benefit system safety net to fall on, although there are some that have jumped on it from leaving school and even worse.

Anyway I wish you all the best with your plans and dream and hope you follow it through.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 12:17 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by didnotbother
So in other words you can live there even if you don't have a job? I have heard there's not much work in Canada, especially in that part of the country anyway so its just as well I suppose. Its amazing how the PNP class differs from the FSW class. How much money do you have to have with you when you land at the port of entry with the PNP class? Anyone know?

Again I'm not trying to offend anyone but I suppose if you like hunting and fishing you won't starve too much . But the thought of living somewhere where there's no job would make me nervous and worry me, more so if I had a young family. At least in the UK there's the benefit system safety net to fall on, although there are some that have jumped on it from leaving school and even worse.

Anyway I wish you all the best with your plans and dream and hope you follow it through.
On the Community Identified Stream, you do get the nomination without having to have a job. However, it is assumed you WILL find work once you get here. I don't think there are too many people around who can afford to not work. It is just a way of getting into NS without it being dependent on having the job first.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

PortchesterRoyal is an unknown quantity at this point

This has been a very useful thread to read. We are going on a recce for 10 days to NS on 260312. We are hoping to go down the CIS route as well. Have made a few contacts so hopefully we will be able set up some meetings! I am also a Police Officer and my wife Debra is a Social Worker. Thanks for all the advice.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Stew-Lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the advice, keep it coming please.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PortchesterRoyal
This has been a very useful thread to read. We are going on a recce for 10 days to NS on 260312. We are hoping to go down the CIS route as well. Have made a few contacts so hopefully we will be able set up some meetings! I am also a Police Officer and my wife Debra is a Social Worker. Thanks for all the advice.
Hi, we did the NS recce this year but now we are in the paperwork process it seems we should have been a bit more focused on the job aspect. Its a difficult balance though when you are going to see if the place is where you wish to move to and also in that same short space of time you need to be very focused on meeting employers. The police route is a difficult one as they have their pick of young graduates that I did find out but I also have a possible other route in? Teaching is also hard to get into in NS, dont know about the social work side.
Good luck and keep me posted if you have any joy with the police
Old Oct 18th 2011, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

JENNYMG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stew-Lisa
Hi, we did the NS recce this year but now we are in the paperwork process it seems we should have been a bit more focused on the job aspect. Its a difficult balance though when you are going to see if the place is where you wish to move to and also in that same short space of time you need to be very focused on meeting employers. The police route is a difficult one as they have their pick of young graduates that I did find out but I also have a possible other route in? Teaching is also hard to get into in NS, dont know about the social work side.
Good luck and keep me posted if you have any joy with the police
hi we too are looking at the CIS and wish we'd focused a little bit more on the employer aspect. given that you dont need a job offer for this route , we didnt especially realise the need for letters , emails proof etc and now strugglign with proof etc. we did the research into prospective jobs but perhpas not enough on gaining support if that makes sense.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

just found this in the paper this morning and thought it would fit in here nicely>

http://thechronicleherald.ca/news/25...-nova-scotians
Old Oct 20th 2011, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

(I did mention this in another ongoing thread already)
We stayed with Relocation Nova Scotia in Halifax for our recent recce trip and then our move over here. The advice has been invaluable, their only agenda is to help you to get settled successfully, and they are great people.
We have been able to make a snap decision to move here, Hubby is going through LMO at the moment with a job offer and we love living here.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Vwera is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Nova Scotia PNP

Hi all, I am new here even though I have been reading posts and soaking up information for days now. My family and I would love to live in Nova Scotia and would like to go through the community identified stream. First of all, I am not British and don't live in England but was there for a while some years go. So hopefully, I can still get help here. I am an actress and film maker in Africa and hubby is an optometrist (I do know though that he can't work there as an optometrist until he gets certified by the board etc). We both have university degrees and have a young family of 3 kids under 10. That's a little bit about us.
Now I have read a lot here and on the Nova scotia immigration site so I pretty much have understanding how the scheme works. We re very flexible on where to live in Nova scotia as long as there are good schools for the kids, recreation etc.
I would love to get input on good communities that are pretty flexible with their RDA requirements.
Cheers
Old Jan 10th 2012, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Hi
A good start would be to contact Viorica Sporea at Hants County RDA.
It would mean you would have to live in Hants but we really like it and its close to Halifax so you would get the best of both worlds.
We have just put our CIC application in after about 3 years and the whole process will take around 5 years before we land for good.
Briefly you have to make 3 trips to NS, make contacts and research alot, get the backing from RDA, submit PNP application, submit CIC application.
Lots of paperwork and fees along the way.
Good luck
Stew
Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Stew for your kind reply. I was also looking at Hants os of proximity to Halifax. I will call later today. I am currently planning a trip out to Nova Scotia, hubby might not be able to come with me on my first trip out, would that be a problem?
And does it have to be exactly 3 trips or would 2 do the trick?
Do you have kids? Are there good schools there?
Also could you suggest a good place to stay while I am there? Any other information is very welcome. Thanks once again for your time.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Hi
We stayed at the Tidal Bore Rafting Park who are also good for info and helpful with a supporting letter for your application.
There is a B&B in Elmsdale that Viorica will put you in contact with, cant remember the details but we will find out and stop there on our visa stamping visit next.
You will have to discuss how many visits with Viorica.
Yes we have a son and my other half is a teacher so schools are important to us as well, the schools we saw all looked good judging against the UK.
Also plan so time with a realtor(estate agent) like Orla Wilson who we show you houses and answer so many of your questions while there.
Stew
Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vwera
I am currently planning a trip out to Nova Scotia, hubby might not be able to come with me on my first trip out, would that be a problem?
And does it have to be exactly 3 trips or would 2 do the trick?
They would usually want to see the whole family, so it may be a problem if your hubby can't go with you for the first trip, but ask them and see what they say.

And each RDA has different requirements, if Hants require 3 trips now, then you might find another RDA that will accept 2.

Good luck.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Nova Scotia PNP

Thanks again, I spoke to Viorica and she said the principal applicant has to be on all three trips, if I am, it would not be a problem. She told me to send her an email and she would be happy to guide me through the process. I am excited! I plan to make my first trip out this January! everything would work out just fine. I wish you luck with yours. Thanks for your time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.