Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)

Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)

Old Jul 16th 2012, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

jazuppal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)

Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) Community Identified application, just a quick question if someone can help

1. If i was born in England and my native language is English and all my education certificates are in English will i still have to do the English test (IELTS)?

2. Linked to question 1, if i am the principal applicant will my spouse have to do the English test as well if i have too? Both of us are educated in the uk.

3. Will both of us have to supply all of our education certificates or just the main applicant?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 4:36 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)

Yes, you will have to take the English language test but your spouse will not.
There is a document check list for the federal application here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5612E.pdf
Item 9 refers.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Yes, you will have to take the English language test but your spouse will not.
There is a document check list for the federal application here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5612E.pdf
Item 9 refers.
Hi thanks for this, the reason i ask is in the documentation for the community identified stream for Nova Scotia link below it states in section for 'Language Standards and Mandatory Testing' (page 3, bottom) occupations in c will need to. does this mean that any occupations in 0,A and B do not have to?

I am a graphic designer in section B of the matrix NOC so i though this would mean i do not need to take the test just prove on my certificates of education and work are all in English my native language.

can anyone clear this up for me?

LINK
http://novascotiaimmigration.ca/immi...ity-identified
Old Jul 17th 2012, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

Ah, the guide.

In short - the provincial nominee application doesn't require it for your skill level - but the Federal application does regardless. Therefore, you have to get it done.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siphorous
Ah, the guide.

In short - the provincial nominee application doesn't require it for your skill level - but the Federal application does regardless. Therefore, you have to get it done.
Thanks i think that makes sense! one last thing for this route will i still have to gather last 10 years of work history letters for Community Identified application ? i did not see it anywhere on the list. The guide is not so clear to what it wants.