Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream is no more after May 31 2013

Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream is no more after May 31 2013

Old May 2nd 2013, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Vwera is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream is no more after May 31 2013

I guess we will all have to wait and see what happens. My advice to anyone thinking of going down this route is to do it ASAP! Immigration rules change from time to time so once you find a route that works for you, there's no point stalling! IMHO
Cheers
Old May 7th 2013, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Kayb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream is no more

[QUOTE=wbexpat;10658671]
Originally Posted by Smudger75

In terms of my friends, they were already living here due to earlier work permit. The job didn't work out but the work permit remained. They didn't pass muster for any of the other classes (not even Canadian Experience) hence CI to the rescue. They have loads letters of support. Their community really rallied round when it mattered.

The RDAs will formally be replaced by things called RENs ("Regional E-something Network"s?) sometime in Q2 or Q3 it seems. Right now there are people answering the phones at the RDAs but functionally they are finished and their people are being transitioned into other govt jobs, the embryonic RENs, retirement or the street depending on their seniority and skills.

I liked the work my local RDA did not only for us newcomers but also for local business and the community. Of course there are always things that could have been done better but in general terms they did good work.

6 weeks until community identified ends, folks. Get busy with those forms.
hi wbexpat am applying from outside canada can i still follow your advice, will my application be accepted. looking forward to your response because i cant get any community support letter outside canada but i have contacted some of the RDAs with no response just one auto-replied that they are close.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kayb
looking forward to your response because i cant get any community support letter outside canada
Yes, you could do - in fact, even if you'd applied via a RDA you'd have needed letters of support from the community you have ties with. So you'd just need to carry on and do that as normal, get your letters and then submit.

Good luck!
Old May 7th 2013, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, you could do - in fact, even if you'd applied via a RDA you'd have needed letters of support from the community you have ties with. So you'd just need to carry on and do that as normal, get your letters and then submit.

Good luck!
THANK YOU christmasoompa WILL FOLLOW UR ADVICE ASAP
Old May 7th 2013, 12:11 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream is no more after May 31 2013

Hi Kayb.
Yes, 'oompa pretty much just said what I would have said.
With letters I believe more is better. In the case of my friends their pack went in with a couple of letters and then when they got a case number they sent in more (case number marked on the envelope). This may be a useful tactic if you are waiting on letters to the extent that you fear sending in a late pack.

A call or email to NS Immigration might be worthwhile too. My various posts above contain information that I believed to be true at the dates they were posted. However matters were in a state of flux and it might be worthwhile seeing if anything has changed, particularly around this May31 date. Please feel free to post whatever you find out.

Finally, and pernickity as it may sound (apologies) I should mention that I don't give advice. I merely state my experiences, what I found out and what I think I would do given a certain situation. I am not a lawyer nor immigration consultant. However I have some experience with NSPNP-CI having successfully navigated the thing myself and informally helped friends with theirs. So while my information is at times useful it does not replace information from CIC, NS immigration, lawyers or consultants.

Good luck.
Old May 9th 2013, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks wbexpat i have finish filling my forms and about sending it, a friend of mine is landing in canada by 16th he is helping me take it along and mail it in to ensure it get in on time. About 5 RDAs replied that i should apply directly to NS immigration office, i attached 2 of the letters, i also got a letter from association of nigerians in NS who promised to help us settle in, i also write an explanatory note explaining why i cldnt get d RDA letter,outlining all d forms and docs attached. I hope i get accepted tnx guys
Old May 9th 2013, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Kayb,
Have you done your recce to NS? I know with the application through the RDAs, you had to visit NS at least once. Different RDAs had different number of required visits. I am assuming even with applying directly, NS Immigration will still want to see that you have at least visited once to check out the community you want to settle in. Perhaps, you've done that. Just my thoughts...
Good luck
Old May 11th 2013, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vwera
Hello Kayb,
Have you done your recce to NS? I know with the application through the RDAs, you had to visit NS at least once. Different RDAs had different number of required visits. I am assuming even with applying directly, NS Immigration will still want to see that you have at least visited once to check out the community you want to settle in. Perhaps, you've done that. Just my thoughts...
Good luck
No i havent Vwera since the RDA are closed i would have done the visit. But incase NS Immigration ask to after submission we dont mind.
Old May 11th 2013, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

No i havent Vwera since the RDAs are closed but incases we were asked to by NS immigration we will. I will still send my application anyway. Thanx Kayb
Old May 11th 2013, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kayb
No i havent Vwera since the RDAs are closed but incases we were asked to by NS immigration we will. I will still send my application anyway. Thanx Kayb
Great stuff Kayb!
Old May 13th 2013, 5:02 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

An update for those interested... an announcement on the Nova Scotia Immigration website today reads:

The Community Identified Stream will be closed to new applications as of July 5, 2013. If you are considering submitting an application to the Community Identified stream, please ensure that you submit a complete application to the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration by the deadline of July 5, 2013. If you are sending your application by mail, please ensure your application is post-marked no later than July 5, 2013.

A new stream, the Regional Labour Market Demand Stream, will be replacing the Community Identified Stream. The Regional Labour Market Demand stream will be accepting applications as of July 5, 2013. Further information on the Regional Labour Market Demand stream will be available on this website in advance of the July 5, 2013 launch date. Please continue to visit the website for more information as it becomes available.

So it looks like the launch date has been pushed back slightly to July 5th. The new stream is a re-branded and revised version of the CIS. My understanding of it is that it will be focused on people who have community connections and who are planning to find employment in NS. The program will not be open to people planning to be self-employed or start a business. Occupations where there is local labour market demand will be favoured over those where there is already a surplus of qualified people and finding a job might therefore be difficult. That's just common sense anyway really. This isn't a program that will require a firm job offer however.
Old May 14th 2013, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Thank God my application will be in on time way before the close date. I was worried for May 31 date before. Thanx for ds info
Old May 16th 2013, 10:48 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Having said all that the announcement I pasted above has now been removed from the NS Immigration website. Perhaps that means it is being amended and will be re-posted.
Old May 21st 2013, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone still planning to apply via this route an official just told me that the route is still open until further notice. I don't think they know the exact date yet which is why they removed that post. I'm just about to send mine
Old May 21st 2013, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by confused_uk
For anyone still planning to apply via this route an official just told me that the route is still open until further notice. I don't think they know the exact date yet which is why they removed that post. I'm just about to send mine
Wish you good luck with your application. Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.