Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Nova scotia community identified initiative

Nova scotia community identified initiative

Old Apr 25th 2013, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

newharbour is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nova scotia community identified initiative

Hi all, just to update - I got the nomination! If anyone wants to ask anything I might be clued up by now. Interview went well, folks at the RDA were great. Email correspondence with employers made a difference at Provincial level. Just about to post our federal forms, and trying to get a job offer for a TWP. I better make a timeline in my signature...
Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Vwera is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newharbour
Hi all, just to update - I got the nomination! If anyone wants to ask anything I might be clued up by now. Interview went well, folks at the RDA were great. Email correspondence with employers made a difference at Provincial level. Just about to post our federal forms, and trying to get a job offer for a TWP. I better make a timeline in my signature...
Congrats!!!
You do need to make a timeline in your signature. I wold like to know how long it took from submission to NSPNP to getting the nomination. They they ask for additional information after you submitted?
Get cracking with those fed forms! Good luck!
Old Apr 25th 2013, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

newharbour is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks V. They told me they'd take up to 8 weeks, but when I enquired at 7 weeks it sounded like they only just started on it. After 8 weeks they requested proof of contact with employers (which I'd mentioned in my RDA application but hadn't sent with PNP application) and they pointed out a couple of things on the forms, i.e. if the date is until 'present' then write 'present' - which is a little dumb because the CIC's editable pdf doesn't allow you to type present there, it only allows numbers. They took a further 3 weeks after that, so in total 11 weeks!

I give up - how do you make a sig?
Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Vwera is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newharbour
Thanks V. They told me they'd take up to 8 weeks, but when I enquired at 7 weeks it sounded like they only just started on it. After 8 weeks they requested proof of contact with employers (which I'd mentioned in my RDA application but hadn't sent with PNP application) and they pointed out a couple of things on the forms, i.e. if the date is until 'present' then write 'present' - which is a little dumb because the CIC's editable pdf doesn't allow you to type present there, it only allows numbers. They took a further 3 weeks after that, so in total 11 weeks!

I give up - how do you make a sig?
Wow!!! Congrats all the same! Fingers crossed, things will move a lot faster
To creat a signature, go to MY PROFILE at the top of the page. You'll see EDIT SIGNATURE under SETTINGS AND OPTIONS.
Cheers