Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia accept our application

Nova Scotia accept our application

Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nova Scotia accept our application

Originally Posted by new-life
Hi Lee

We are initially considering NS...but I guess we go where the work takes us initially.

Why leave...great question...awful answer.

Spent the last 5 years in residential construction after many years in engineering, buying land, building houses, selling for great profits.

Had the lovely big house, the maserati, the horses, children in private school holidays in the caribbean.

Just had a 5 acre site passed for 18 houses and another for 5 and we were doing well.

Recession...lasted 2 years on our rainy day savings but we've basically lost it all...

Starting again at 41 just scares the hell out of us so we're taking this opportunity to create hopefully a better life for us and the boys.

Neal.
Hi there.. Congrats on passing the first 'hurdle' We are also in the process of applying to move to Nova scotia...(also starting again at 41..kids at private school etc) Got to be positive though! At least we are doing something about it, and not just sitting at home moping.
We have booked a reccie trip for 16 Jan to Halifax NS.... will let you know how it goes! Good luck with everything
Lorna and Robert
Old Nov 28th 2009, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

BTW... Just got this monthe emmigrate magazine and it has some good info. on halifax. Sorth a read
Lorna
Old Nov 28th 2009, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

oh God... it's getting late. I mean't it is WORTH a read....
Old Nov 29th 2009, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

laa1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorna999
Hi there.. Congrats on passing the first 'hurdle' We are also in the process of applying to move to Nova scotia...(also starting again at 41..kids at private school etc) Got to be positive though! At least we are doing something about it, and not just sitting at home moping.
We have booked a reccie trip for 16 Jan to Halifax NS.... will let you know how it goes! Good luck with everything
Lorna and Robert
Hello and Thanks

I shall keep you all informed,good luck to you too, get filling those forms out!!

Lee
Old Nov 29th 2009, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Hi, congrats!
We are right at the start, recce trip booked for June and now just trying to establish which route is right for us, I am an accountant so we can do FSW.
Might do CI route though as NS is only where we are looking to be right now.

Have emailed Margot at CoRDA, not heard back yet, I heard that she doesnt reply immediately.
What province are you being supported by? Did you go with Margot?

Thanks
Natasha
Thanks and good luck to you too, i shall keep you all posted

Lee
Old Nov 29th 2009, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hi Lee, nice one
We're quite a bit behind you, having just started completing the forms, but we'll hopefully get to your stage soon.
Congratulations again, fingers crossed you
Katie
Thanks and good luck to you too, i shall keep you all posted,get those forms filled out..lol

Lee
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hello and a Happy new year, we had a call to say we have a file number, i know it's only a number but that means the next step is our medical req,which could be around June/July?

We received our file number way ahead of what we were told it would take so,now we sort out those recce trips etc.

SSSOOO EXCITED

Lee
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by new-life
Hi Lee

We are initially considering NS...but I guess we go where the work takes us initially.

Why leave...great question...awful answer.

Spent the last 5 years in residential construction after many years in engineering, buying land, building houses, selling for great profits.

Had the lovely big house, the maserati, the horses, children in private school holidays in the caribbean.

Just had a 5 acre site passed for 18 houses and another for 5 and we were doing well.

Recession...lasted 2 years on our rainy day savings but we've basically lost it all...

Starting again at 41 just scares the hell out of us so we're taking this opportunity to create hopefully a better life for us and the boys.

Neal.

Neal happy new year,

How's things coming along?? Any news yet??

Lee
Old May 16th 2010, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hello everyone,

Well we had our medicals yesterday,fingers crossed all ok.

Now we wait...........

Lee
Old May 17th 2010, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Our application is going to the post office today, next stop Mississauga! We're going the Spousal Sponsorship route (my wife is Canadian) and are looking at Nova Scotia with Fredericton as the alternative (wife is originally from there).

I would just like to thank everyone on this site for sharing all their knowledge and experiences. Whenever we had a query with all the forms , it was easy to find the answers on here

So, here's hoping we've completed everything ok and we'll keep you posted on our progress too!

Best wishes to all - whatever stage of the process you're at!
Old May 17th 2010, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by laa1973
Hello everyone,

Well we had our medicals yesterday,fingers crossed all ok.

Now we wait...........

Lee
Congratulations. You are almost there.

Ray
Old May 17th 2010, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chobert
Our application is going to the post office today, next stop Mississauga! We're going the Spousal Sponsorship route (my wife is Canadian) and are looking at Nova Scotia with Fredericton as the alternative (wife is originally from there).

I would just like to thank everyone on this site for sharing all their knowledge and experiences. Whenever we had a query with all the forms , it was easy to find the answers on here

So, here's hoping we've completed everything ok and we'll keep you posted on our progress too!

Best wishes to all - whatever stage of the process you're at!
Hi Chobert.......yes....it really is a useful site to be a member of!! Good luck with your application. Don't forget that you now have lots of information and experience to pass on
All the best,
Steveh
Old May 17th 2010, 9:32 pm
Calgary Since Sep 2011

Picklepopps is an unknown quantity at this point

Our application has been submitted this week to Nova Scotia, so i keeping an eye on your feedback.

My family and I are moving to Calgary early 2011 and soaking up the good vibes and ignoring the not-so good ones.

All the best for your move.

Tony and debbie
Old May 18th 2010, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Picklepopps
Our application has been submitted this week to Nova Scotia, so i keeping an eye on your feedback.

My family and I are moving to Calgary early 2011 and soaking up the good vibes and ignoring the not-so good ones.

All the best for your move.

Tony and debbie
Hello, we too are heading to Calgary in 2011. Our application has so far taken 5months inc meds. Was asked for our med req back in March,So fingers crossed should have visa's by end of July? I'll keep you all informed.

Lee & Amanda
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hello everyone,

Well yesterday we got the email.... Our passport requests

We are going to drop them off to the embassy ourselves has we only live around 15miles away. Unfortunately this will have to wait until we return from our holiday. Still the least of our worries..

Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.