British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Notarized Contracts and Employment References (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/notarized-contracts-employment-references-291465/)

jordan123 Mar 21st 2005 5:51 pm

Notarized Contracts and Employment References

Hi All,

Just a quick question. The checklist states " Notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers,accompanied by an English or French translation

Does this mean I send of the orginial contract to CHC or just make a copy of the orginal contract get this notarized and send this off?

"Original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers".

The checklist states that the police certificate should be the only orginal document sent. So should I just go ahead and send the orginial reference or should I send a notarized copy of it.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this especially from folk who have almost gone through the whole process.

Thx

Letters must be written on company letterhead and show the company’s full
address, telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company’s official
seal.
or

jordan123 Mar 21st 2005 5:52 pm

Re: Notarized Contracts and Employment References

Originally Posted by jordan123
Hi All,

Just a quick question. The checklist states " Notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers,accompanied by an English or French translation

Does this mean I send of the orginial contract to CHC or just make a copy of the orginal contract get this notarized and send this off?

"Original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers".

The checklist states that the police certificate should be the only orginal document sent. So should I just go ahead and send the orginial reference or should I send a notarized copy of it.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this especially from folk who have almost gone through the whole process.

Thx

seal.
or

Sorry please ignore the last paragraph - cut and paste went crazy

Nick11 Mar 21st 2005 8:05 pm

Sorry please ignore the last paragraph - cut and paste went crazy

We sent notarised copies of everything except the police checks. Like you we read the instructions in the same way,however looking at other threads along the same lines a lot of people sent original letters of reference.I'm sure that if we were wrong they'll write to us .Hope this helps

jordan123 Mar 21st 2005 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Nick11
We sent notarised copies of everything except the police checks. Like you we read the instructions in the same way,however looking at other threads along the same lines a lot of people sent original letters of reference.I'm sure that if we were wrong they'll write to us .Hope this helps

Thx Nick

Majj Mar 22nd 2005 2:48 am

Hi All,

Thx

seal.
or

Send notarised copies of your contracts and the original Police Certificates. If you get the letters of reference notarised as well you can still use the orginals elesewhere if need be.