Notarising photocopies etc

Old May 12th 2009, 8:09 am
VFB
Just Joined

VFB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Notarising photocopies etc

Hi,
Hope you guys don't mind, we're putting our application in in the next month or so, but we have a question about the notarising of documents etc.
We're currently living in Oman, so any ideas who we contact about notarising our documents? Do we go to a local lawyer / solicitor (if they have them here - they may go by another name) or if we pop to the British Embassy can we get them to sign it there? Otherwise I think we'll have to send it all back to the UK to be signed.....
Any advice gratefully received

V
Old May 12th 2009, 7:47 pm
VFB
Just Joined

VFB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Notarising photocopies etc - Have a solution!!!!

Hi,
Just an FYI for everyone on here. I spoke to the British Embassy this morning and they have said that we can bring all our documents in to be notarized by teh vice consul at a cost of 15 rials or approx £25. For this the 5 copies of each are made, and stamped by the vice consul as a true copy of teh original document.
Not sure if this helps anyone else but it saves a lot of cash and time and effort sending stuff back to the UK to be signed by a solicitor!

If you need any more info just let me know.

Vickki