Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Notarised docs for UK spousal applications

Notarised docs for UK spousal applications

Old Feb 20th 2005, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Notarised docs for UK spousal applications

Hello,

Can anyone who as applied for spousal sponsorship via London CHC advise on which documents they had to get notarised and which they just sent in as photcopies?

There seems to be differing instructions on some threads as apposed to the instructions on the application forms

Thanks in advance,

Jameso

PS anyother advise on pitfalls to avoid in submitting spousal applications will be greatly appreciated,I am sending mine of soon and want it to be as complete and unerjectable as possible!!!!!!
Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

jorja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Notarised docs for UK spousal applications

I didn't notarise any docs but I did send all originals...

My advice would be to ignore the document checklist and send off everything you have at once... Permanent residence fee, all police checks inc. UK etc. I would also after a month or two fax/write to London for an update and to ask if any docs are missing. We withheld UK police check and fee. It seems if I hadn't impatiently faxed them to ask for an update then I'd still be waiting for communication. According to others here on the forum people who submitted later than myself are receiving their PP requests already. The only real difference with my application is that I had to submit 4 police checks from 4 different countries as I've lived abroad since I was 18.

That's my 2 cents... hope it helps.