Notarised copies

Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

jcatterbury is on a distinguished road
Default Notarised copies

Hi

I've just started preparing my application pack for PR. Does every single thing have to be sent as a notarised copy by a solicitor including the application forms as it says in Appendix A Checklist? I've noticed people saying this can cost £10 per page, is this right?

The checklist seems to contradict itself in asking for originals in some places after it's said to send notarised photocopies of all documents except the police certificates.

Many Thanks
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Padsnbon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Notarised copies

Originally Posted by jcatterbury
Hi

Does every single thing have to be sent as a notarised copy by a solicitor including the application forms as it says in Appendix A Checklist? I've noticed people saying this can cost £10 per page, is this right?

Many Thanks
I may be wrong but I thought a certified copy by a Solicitor was adequate. If so, most Solicitors (I use to work for one ) doesn't charge for certifying, well ours didn't, or at least offer a few pounds for beer money, or even better offer the secretary the money....they always get left out
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:54 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

In Canada you would take the originals to a solicitor or notary. They would make copies and then stamp them as certified true copies with their seal and signature as well. There is only a small charge here for these services.
Jim Humphries, former visa officer
Hi

I've just started preparing my application pack for PR. Does every single thing have to be sent as a notarised copy by a solicitor including the application forms as it says in Appendix A Checklist? I've noticed people saying this can cost £10 per page, is this right?

The checklist seems to contradict itself in asking for originals in some places after it's said to send notarised photocopies of all documents except the police certificates.

Many Thanks
Old Aug 16th 2004, 7:20 am
Just Joined

cartman is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Notarised copies

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
In Canada you would take the originals to a solicitor or notary. They would make copies and then stamp them as certified true copies with their seal and signature as well. There is only a small charge here for these services.
Jim Humphries, former visa officer
This is exactly what we have had to do - went to solicitor with all documents being sent as copies (as stated on guidance notes).

Cost us £70 for about 100 plus documents, this was sealed and signed by the solicitor.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 6:19 am
Hallam

Originally Posted by cartman
This is exactly what we have had to do - went to solicitor with all documents being sent as copies (as stated on guidance notes).

Cost us £70 for about 100 plus documents, this was sealed and signed by the solicitor.

Sorry - why would you photocopy the application forms and get that notarised! If that is really what you are meant to do then no way does it make that clear on the forms.

And - how did you end up with 100 plus documents?

Old Aug 17th 2004, 7:05 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Yes all documents need to be copied. ( Except application)
Its probably cheaper if you can photocopy or scan then yourselfs.
I only found one solicitors office in town that claimed to be a notary as well, even he had never been asked to do this before and I had to tell him what to do!
charged me £150 robbing so and so..................
But I had followed the manual to the letter and was not prepared to do anything less than I was told, incase the whole lot came back.

There is only one part of the application that needs to be sent in duplicate.It's the couple of pages that everybody has to fill out individually, with all the personal details on, places you've travelled, military service etc.can't think what it was called off hand.

Hi

Many Thanks
Old Aug 17th 2004, 7:05 am
Just Joined

cartman is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Notarised copies

Originally Posted by Hallam
Sorry - why would you photocopy the application forms and get that notarised! If that is really what you are meant to do then no way does it make that clear on the forms.

And - how did you end up with 100 plus documents?
Sorry to confuse - I havent made myself clear - all documents which you do not have to send as originals (as stated in the application pack) have to be notarised, this doesnt include the application forms.

My husband and I have a fair number of certificates etc... presumably thats why we have 100+ docs.

Hope this makes this clearer.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

retrobloke is on a distinguished road

Am I missing something here?? On the CHC London website, there is a checklist and it only mentions notarized employment contracts and professional certificates, nothing else.

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/f...d/e_swchck.pdf

Retrobloke
Old Aug 19th 2004, 2:14 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The application kit contains a checklist to use when arranging your documents for submission. It is clearly stated there that you should not send originals unless they are specifically requested and that all document copies should be notarized as true copies of the original. Now, they may show some flexinility on that point but it would not be wise to expect flexibility.

Originally Posted by retrobloke
Am I missing something here?? On the CHC London website, there is a checklist and it only mentions notarized employment contracts and professional certificates, nothing else.

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/f...d/e_swchck.pdf

Retrobloke