Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Not sure what to do next... sent EOI to NB

Not sure what to do next... sent EOI to NB

Old Oct 21st 2015, 2:07 am
Just Joined

db407 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not sure what to do next... sent EOI to NB

I passed my IELTS and had my educational assessment done by WES. On 12 October I sent an email for Expression of Interest to New Brunswick. I have not heard back from them.
I am not sure what to do next, ie if I should apply for Express Entry or wait for a response.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not sure what to do next... sent EOI to NB

Originally Posted by db407
I passed my IELTS and had my educational assessment done by WES. On 12 October I sent an email for Expression of Interest to New Brunswick. I have not heard back from them.
I am not sure what to do next, ie if I should apply for Express Entry or wait for a response.
Is this for PNP for New Brunswick or what are you applying for?
Old Oct 21st 2015, 3:04 am
Just Joined

The expression of interest is for the provincial nominee for New Brunswick which I sent directly by email to [email protected]
Old Oct 21st 2015, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

1. Get a provincial nomination certificate
Visit the website for the province or territory where you want to live to find out how to get a nomination certificate.

Follow the instructions on the province or territory’s website and apply for one of their PNP streams. (Do not submit an application for an Express Entry PNP stream, unless you wish to apply through that process.)

The province or territory will review your application. If you meet their criteria, they will issue you a nomination certificate. You must submit a copy of the nomination certificate when you apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for permanent residence.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 3:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by db407
You can certainly apply for EE, but what do you score on the CRS? If it's less than approx 450, you are unlikely to be selected from the pool anyway, so might be better off waiting to see if you get an ITA from NB PNP.

If you only applied on 12th October then it's not surprising that you haven't heard back from them, so don't worry just yet.

Good luck.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 3:54 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the clarification, I want sure if I followed the correct process. Thanks will have to wait to hear back from them.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You can always set up your EE profile in any case. Nothing to stop you do this as well/in tandem.

S
Old Oct 21st 2015, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

PS: if you are applying under the NBPNP Express Entry Labour Market Stream, it states that:

If your Expression of Interest (EOI) is successful, you can apply [to be nominated] in two ways:
• directly to the NBPNP, or
• you can enter the Express Entry pool and be selected by the NBPNP

http://www.welcomenb.ca/content/dam/...tryGuide-E.pdf

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Oct 21st 2015 at 11:12 am.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for your responses and for clarifying , I will wait for NB to respond to my application for Eoi and in the meantime I will create an EE Profile
Old Oct 24th 2015, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Lion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond repute

May I ask - did you attend a New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP) Information Session?

Or do you have a job offer already?

If you did attend an Information Session - how did you find out about it? I'm struggling to find information on upcoming Information Sessions. Any help welcome.

Also, on the FAQ's on their website it says that they accept EOI's between the 1st and 14th of each month, and the highest scoring candidates for that month are invited to submit a full application.

So, in theory, you can keep applying on the 1st of each month assuming that - because you have not been contacted - that you're score was not good enough for that month, but may make the cut the next month.

New Brunswick have been good with their Express Entry allotment. They have divided their 500 alloted spaces between the 12 months, where (for example) Nove Scotia used all their up already instead of spacing them out and so they've run out of spaces!
Old Oct 25th 2015, 6:37 am
Just Joined

I attended an expo in London where New Brunswick had an information session. They do these expos about 3 times a year in the U.K. I am assuming you are also based in uk.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Lion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'm in the UK. How did you find out about the Information Session??

I've scoured their website and found nothing, and on their Facebook page they're promoting the info session in Manilla which was hedl in July!

Really struggling.

WHat was the name of the Expo?
Old Oct 25th 2015, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Here is the website for working in. https://workingin-events.com/canada/

They had a stand and info session in the one in London in March this year. I am not sure if they always attend these expos
Old Oct 25th 2015, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hey db407

Thanks for that! Was it definitely New Brunswick themselves that had the stand there?

I've just missed the October show (damn!) but as New Brunswick last promoted Info Session was the one in Manilla in July - so I assume they were not attending the October event in London (or Manchester) [if anyone reading this went to either and knows for sure would be appreciated!!]

I noted in the October show that there was a 30 minute seminar:

11.00: Living and Working in Canada’s Beautiful East Coast
Provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland & Labrador

But this seems like a generic intro, not a New Brunswick official info session?