Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Not ready to appoint shipping agent so who is Importer on Goods to Follow list?

Not ready to appoint shipping agent so who is Importer on Goods to Follow list?

Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Perola is a jewel in the roughPerola is a jewel in the roughPerola is a jewel in the roughPerola is a jewel in the roughPerola is a jewel in the rough
Default Not ready to appoint shipping agent so who is Importer on Goods to Follow list?

We will be landing in June this year to activate our PR visas and then returning to the UK for however long it takes to sell the house.

I am getting started on our Goods To Follow list but don't know what to enter as the Importers name and address. I assumed it would be the shipping agents but we are nowhere near getting quotes let alone deciding on who to use.

Can I leave the Importers name and address blank? If not, what should I put?

Sorry for this dumb question but I have searched previous threads and can't find an answer.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:21 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not ready to appoint shipping agent so who is Importer on Goods to Follow list?

Originally Posted by Perola
We will be landing in June this year to activate our PR visas and then returning to the UK for however long it takes to sell the house.

I am getting started on our Goods To Follow list but don't know what to enter as the Importers name and address. I assumed it would be the shipping agents but we are nowhere near getting quotes let alone deciding on who to use.

Can I leave the Importers name and address blank? If not, what should I put?

Sorry for this dumb question but I have searched previous threads and can't find an answer.
You are.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Monkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to allMonkey Puzzle is a name known to all
Default Re: Not ready to appoint shipping agent so who is Importer on Goods to Follow list?

Originally Posted by Tangram
You are.
Yep that's correct. We've just been through the whole process ourselves and our goods were delivered on Friday.

Don't worry ..it's not a dumb question at all ...this whole immigration thing is a minefield! Better to ask and know for sure...

Hope you sell the house soon and can get on with enjoying your new Canadian life!

MP