Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

NOT more Goods to Follow Questions!!!!

NOT more Goods to Follow Questions!!!!

Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:14 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOT more Goods to Follow Questions!!!!

Sorry - I have read all the recent posts but none cover the questions I want to ask.

I know we have to put down the value in $ that we think our goods are worth, but what do you write beside the likes of personal photo albums, we have quite a lot and obviously dont look on them as having a re-sale value

Also did anyone else have a problem printing the fillable version - mine are missing the tops of the pages when they print - are the pages a different size to normal A4 and the printer needs to be set up differently?

And one last one for the minute - which form is for what's in our suitcases and which one is for the goods in our container?
Old Jan 1st 2008, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOT more Goods to Follow Questions!!!!

Originally Posted by Alvic
Also did anyone else have a problem printing the fillable version - mine are missing the tops of the pages when they print - are the pages a different size to normal A4 and the printer needs to be set up differently?

They are probably US letter size. In your printer settings you need tick the box for "fit to page" using A4 paper size and it will alter the size of the document and fit it to the A4 paper.

Or, you get some US letter size paper and print on that.

:-)
Old Jan 1st 2008, 2:47 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Alvic , don't worry Ben and I stressed over the same thing. In answer to which form is which, I don't remember the numbers but one ends with an "A" the other with an "E".
The "A" is the main form the "E" is`an extension(for if you run out of room). There is a box to check for goods to follow .

So you fill out an "A" for good accompanying (which customs will likely ignore!!) and then an "A" for good to follow on which you have ticked that box.

hope thats clear

As for values of things , no you can't value photo albums and stuff very easily , we just put token amounts (maybe a couple of hundred) , again I don't think customs are really concerned by this

Good luck with the prep

Zoe
Old Jan 1st 2008, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alvic
what do you write beside the likes of personal photo albums, we have quite a lot and obviously dont look on them as having a re-sale value
I put "NCV" - no commercial value.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

I used the B4's and I am pretty sure Al that there were two boxes - one for goods in possession and the other one for goods to follow.

I too stressed over these and was shocked how much notice CBSA actually took of them - pretty furious actually

You'll be fine hun

Gaynor
X
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by YYZlover
They are probably US letter size. In your printer settings you need tick the box for "fit to page" using A4 paper size and it will alter the size of the document and fit it to the A4 paper.

Or, you get some US letter size paper and print on that.

:-)
OK - thanks for the tip
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Ok Alvic , don't worry Ben and I stressed over the same thing. In answer to which form is which, I don't remember the numbers but one ends with an "A" the other with an "E".
The "A" is the main form the "E" is`an extension(for if you run out of room). There is a box to check for goods to follow .

So you fill out an "A" for good accompanying (which customs will likely ignore!!) and then an "A" for good to follow on which you have ticked that box.

hope thats clear

As for values of things , no you can't value photo albums and stuff very easily , we just put token amounts (maybe a couple of hundred) , again I don't think customs are really concerned by this

Good luck with the prep

Zoe
Clear as muck Zoe - i will give it a wee looksee over later - dosed with the cold today and I feel rotten and sorry for myself
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I put "NCV" - no commercial value.
What a good idea Biiiiiink
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch
I used the B4's and I am pretty sure Al that there were two boxes - one for goods in possession and the other one for goods to follow.

I too stressed over these and was shocked how much notice CBSA actually took of them - pretty furious actually

You'll be fine hun

Gaynor
X
Hi Gay,

Yeah I am stressing too and our CBSA guys will probably not even look half at them - but I had better do them right just incase
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:07 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I will attempt to be clearer

Print two copies of each form

make two piles each having one copy of the two different forms

pile one - fill in for goods accompanying

pile two - tick the box for "goods to follow" - use for for goods to follow.

repeat( or photocopy) until you have two copies of goods accompanying and goods to follow.

The best I can do without diagrams!!!

Hope you are feeling better soon. Don't worry , the paperwork can be a headache, as long as you have a list customs will help you out. They just like it when you come prepared. Our customs officer was having a tough time of it and positively beamed when she saw our paperwork!!!

All the best
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:18 am

Sorry I will attempt to be clearer

Print two copies of each form

make two piles each having one copy of the two different forms

pile one - fill in for goods accompanying

pile two - tick the box for "goods to follow" - use for for goods to follow.

repeat( or photocopy) until you have two copies of goods accompanying and goods to follow.

The best I can do without diagrams!!!

Hope you are feeling better soon. Don't worry , the paperwork can be a headache, as long as you have a list customs will help you out. They just like it when you come prepared. Our customs officer was having a tough time of it and positively beamed when she saw our paperwork!!!

All the best
Oh dear Zoe I'm afraid I was using a bit of the old Northern Ireland sense of humour and I did understand your first instructions

However when my head is pounding from dealing with stupid Rate Collection Agency/BT etc I am very grateful for your second set too
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:40 am
Professional Cat herder

Sorry sweetie , didn't mean to patronise you. It's just the one thing Ben and I nearly came to blows over was those damn forms. It was kind of a Eureka momement when we finally figured it out!!!!!!!!!!

I think that winding up in the Uk is actually THE most stressfull part. Just keping thinking in X days I will be in Canada.Just think of that lovely house you have to move into. So excited for you
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:57 am

Sorry sweetie , didn't mean to patronise you. It's just the one thing Ben and I nearly came to blows over was those damn forms. It was kind of a Eureka momement when we finally figured it out!!!!!!!!!!

I think that winding up in the Uk is actually THE most stressfull part. Just keping thinking in X days I will be in Canada.Just think of that lovely house you have to move into. So excited for you
You weren't patronising at all

Nearly had a row with a real rude woman in BT - cant wait to get out of the UK:curse:

Richard and I will probably not fight over the forms because like everything else to do with the immigrating process - he will leave it to me to do myself:curse: