Wikiposts

NOT landing

Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough
Default NOT landing

Ok guys...this question is probably been asked a thousand times in here but what the heck...this is the 1001th time:
I got my visa allready in my passport and have to travel to Canada in a couple of weeks but do not want to "Land" officially.
Do I just tell the immigration officer I don't want to land and will do so later? Anyone did this before me ?
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:28 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NOT landing

What is your nationality? If you need visa to enter Canada and you don't have valid visitor visa then you will have to use your PR visa, that means you will have to land. If you are from the visa waiver country then no problem.

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
Ok guys...this question is probably been asked a thousand times in here but what the heck...this is the 1001th time:
I got my visa allready in my passport and have to travel to Canada in a couple of weeks but do not want to "Land" officially.
Do I just tell the immigration officer I don't want to land and will do so later? Anyone did this before me ?
Old Oct 12th 2005, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

waitingforever is an unknown quantity at this point

I entered Canada by land twice from Detroit without landing to look for an apartment in Windsor. I used my visitors visa and didnt bring my COPR and didnt have any problems. Hope this helps!

Old Oct 13th 2005, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by waitingforever
I entered Canada by land twice from Detroit without landing to look for an apartment in Windsor. I used my visitors visa and didnt bring my COPR and didnt have any problems. Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot guys. I'm from a visa waiver country.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot guys. I'm from a visa waiver country.
Just back from Canada. Had to make a " business" trip and didn't want to " officially" come in, yet.
Here's how the conversation at immigration went :
* Hi
* Hello
* I have a Canadian permanent resident visa in my passport.
* Yes, I've noticed.
* I don't want to " land " right now
* no problem, when do you plan to come in ?
* got to be before july the 18th , next year. Can I do that on the 18 th ?
* if you want , you can even come in 5 minutes after midnight, the 18th...hahahaha.
* Ok, I might just do that.
* Have a nice day .
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:40 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

We came over here with the visa and didn't land when I came for my interview - came back 2 months later and landed. Just need proof (eg return ticket) and they asked a lot of questions but no big deal.

Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Canada1702 will become famous soon enoughCanada1702 will become famous soon enough

Just back from Canada. Had to make a " business" trip and didn't want to " officially" come in, yet.
Here's how the conversation at immigration went :
* Hi
* Hello
* I have a Canadian permanent resident visa in my passport.
* Yes, I've noticed.
* I don't want to " land " right now
* no problem, when do you plan to come in ?
* got to be before july the 18th , next year. Can I do that on the 18 th ?
* if you want , you can even come in 5 minutes after midnight, the 18th...hahahaha.
* Ok, I might just do that.
* Have a nice day .
Thanks for the info!!