Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Not able to submit ONLINE Citizenship application?

Not able to submit ONLINE Citizenship application?

Old Jan 21st 2021, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

englishman111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not able to submit ONLINE Citizenship application?

Does anyone know why my online application I have just completed would fail to submit? Is it a problem with the portal? Maybe they are not accepting more submissions right now? Very frustrating as I had to amend it a couple times already due to the eligibility date having to be the day before submission etc. I keep checking the entire application attaching and saving all documents, however when i fill in the e-sign page and click the 'Confirm and submit your application' button, I just receive the failed to submit notice?? Anyone have any ideas why?
Thanks

Old Jan 22nd 2021, 1:03 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Not able to submit ONLINE Citizenship application?

I'm wondering if i shouldn't have updated my physical presence calculator. I changed this as i could not submit the application on the day i began (as i did not have the correct type of photo's and receipt for photos until today), so i modified my physical presence calculator and it therefore changed my result and eligibility dates. However now that it will not let me submit my completed application i wonder if this is why?

When i logged in today to complete the application it gave me the notification warning that *this date must be the day before you sign and submit your application, which i did and re uploaded my adjusted Phys-pres-calculation. There is a part on the bottom of every page though saying 'Date modified:19-jan-2021 ( which was the firs tdate i started filling out the online app). Maybe it's confused as to why this is?
But if i change all the calculators and date signed and eligibilty dates back to match this, my photo's and receipt that i got today will be from two days after when i supposedly signed?

Has anyone successfully used the online application here, or do most use the paper application?
thanks again for any help

Old Jan 22nd 2021, 2:56 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a link to the online application portal? I am unable to find one for an online Citizenship application.
Thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 3:14 am
Just Joined

Yeah its here,

https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in

i was wondering if i had maybe done that wrong so had a search around at how i found the online portal...and i found it difficult to find again
thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 9:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishman111
Yeah its here,

https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in

i was wondering if i had maybe done that wrong so had a search around at how i found the online portal...and i found it difficult to find again
thanks
Online applications were only launched about a month ago (being tested), and then only for certain applications. Were you invited to apply online?
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Oh is it that new?
I wasn't invited to apply that way. I went online to begin my citizenship application and see how you do it etc, and followed the links until it led me there?

I basically ended up there by:
  • Google searching: "Applying for Canadian citizenship".
  • Which took me to the IRCC website, where i clicked the link 'Apply for Citizenship'
  • I read through all the steps and requirements to ensure i was eligible, and then clicked the link on that page that said 'check your eligibility'
  • I filled out this short questionnaire and got the answer "you probably meet the requirements to apply".
  • Then i followed the next two steps it gave me after that, at the bottom of the page:
'Use the Physical Presence Calculator to confirm you’ve been in Canada for the required 1095 days in the past 5 years'
and then afterwards,
'Get the application package for adults'
  • This is where is where i clicked the link saying "Check if you can apply online" .

• Once i had completed these questions checking i was able to apply online, i was told i could and followed this link below and start my application.

• I have gone through this route a few times this morning just to check i didn't skip anything saying i need to do the paper route and noticed that this option, 'check to see if you can apply online' doesn't always appear. As in these two screenshots below, both screenshots were taken this morning going through the same steps to get there and ending up on the 'Get the application page'.

Not sure what to do now as i've completed the whole application and paid the online fees as instructed and everything says complete it just will not sign and submit?
Any thoughts or numbers i can call within the IRCC to help?
Thanks again
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 5:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You could send an enquiry - technical issues. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...e-cas-eng.aspx

(The misinformation call centre hotline won't be of any use to you)
Old Jan 22nd 2021, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Yeah thats all I could do this morning really when it didn't work, i tried calling any of the phone numbers i found, but yeah as you point out, they're no use at all.
I've sent the enquiry and reported the technical issue on the application portal page. I also reported the fact that sometimes the option to apply online is available and then not available on the eligibility wizard/questionnaire.

Thanks for your help, hopefully they get back to me soon, or someone else comes across a solution.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 2:31 pm
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute

Which web browser are you using? have you tried submitting using alternatives

Some Gov.t sites will not work with some browsers. I've had provincial site that will only work with IE.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 5:09 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by JGK
Which web browser are you using? have you tried submitting using alternatives

Some Gov.t sites will not work with some browsers. I've had provincial site that will only work with IE.
1. The only way the on-line citizenship application will work is if you receive an invitation from CIC to submit on line. Otherwise it will still be a paper application
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Yeah i tried that, originally I applied via chrome, and then after it would not work I logged in through Safari browser and tried that way but got the same result.
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. The only way the on-line citizenship application will work is if you receive an invitation from CIC to submit on line. Otherwise it will still be a paper application

Really? thats so frustrating.
I was actually very surprised and happy about how much easier it was to apply online nowadays, as I remember having multiple copies of everything when I applied for PR via paper. Every time i found something wrong i'd be printing out that page again or changing it to all the same or newest version of the form etc.

Not sure what my options are now as I wasn't aware of this and simply followed the online questionnaire on the site to start beginning the online route. and of course now have paid the fees to do it all this way?
I guess i'll try to get those fees changed to paper application fees?
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 8:33 pm
Banned

Strange that in using this link https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/screening it tells me I can apply online.. perhaps a glitch in their website.

Find out if you can apply online for Canadian citizenship

Answer some questions to see if you’re eligible to apply online.
Old Jan 30th 2021, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Strange that in using this link https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/screening it tells me I can apply online.. perhaps a glitch in their website.
Looks like online application is only for people between 18-54. Guess they think us "oldies" are not able to fill online applications !!!
Old Feb 16th 2021, 6:00 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Just did it myself. Went to the webpage, it asked a bunch of questions, said I was eligible to use the online app and then it let me start filling in the info. Uploaded everything it asked for, paid the fees, attached the PDF of the receipt etc and hit submit. Went through just fine. Very nice process actually, simple to use and it's nice that it verifies everything is completed correctly to whatever extent it can.

Using google chrome, windows 10 PC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.